Simultaneous connections and selective blank browsers

M Zi

Jun 25, 2017, 9:09:34 PM6/25/17
to LibraryBox
I was wondering if there is a fix or explanation to this:
I make html pages that function as a 'digital exhibition' within librarybox, where the audience can view curated content as gifs, small videos and images from their smartphones and tablets. The audience is usually 40 to 70 ppl, librarybox performed without noticable or troubling slowdown everytime (3 up to now, but I try to keep content compact-sized).
Althoug connecting to the wi-fi is working smoothly for everybody, displaying the html pages in the browser is not working for all. Everytime there are smartphones where nothing comes up in their browser. Sometimes using a different browser works, but not always. Why is this happening, is there anything to do technically and is it related with Matt Poyner's remark about the https url?

Thank you for the great project, it's a lot of fun, educational and inspiring.

Matthias Strubel

Jul 21, 2017, 12:50:34 AM7/21/17
to libra...@googlegroups.com
HTTPS should result in an error message.

I can imagine the following:

- User configured proxy
- opera mobile used a proxy at Opera server to reduce image size, which does not work on offline networks
- configured static DNS entry will fail as well.

At least for the last scenario , LibraryBox will have a workaround in the next version (piratebox already has).

I already heard of cacheing issues , which may appear . This will be fixed by 90% via  lighttp configuration in the future, too.

Best regards Matthias