Howto hide the chat?

Christophe Rhein

Dec 11, 2014, 10:07:49 AM12/11/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Some teachers ask me how to hide the chat on there librarybox.
Is it possible?
Thank you!

Christophe

Matthias Strubel

Dec 11, 2014, 10:15:02 AM12/11/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
yes and no.
I think on LibraryBox you can disable it.. but to remove the Chat, I think you need to edit the HTML files.

@Jason  am I right?

Matthias

Jason Griffey

Dec 11, 2014, 11:16:22 AM12/11/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com

No...on the USB drive, under /LibraryBox/Config, there is a config file called "shoutbox.txt". If you change the text of that file from "yes" to "no", the Chat should be removed from the interface when you reboot.

Power off the Box before you unplug the USB, and make sure it's back in before you power back up. Otherwise, should work easy as pie.

Jason

Michael David

Jan 30, 2015, 3:26:38 PM1/30/15
to libra...@googlegroups.com
When you set that to "no" there is still text on the login page referencing "or chat below".
This is located in the /Content/index.html file and is easily removed.