Multiple pendrives for LibraryBox

edson ribeiro

Aug 15, 2014, 1:22:25 PM8/15/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hello ... how do I make multiple USB flash drivers for the same LibraryBox without start from the beginning ?
Kind regards, Edson

Jason Griffey

Aug 15, 2014, 1:27:53 PM8/15/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com

You can simply copy everything from the original drive to a new drive. The important thing is to never swap drives while the LibraryBox is powered up, always turn the box off by removing the power source, then swap drives.

If you do this often, you'll end up with (obviously) different statistics for each drive. But it should work just fine.

Jason

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 12:22 PM, edson ribeiro <ribei...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello ... how do I make multiple USB flash drivers for the same LibraryBox without start from the beginning ?
Kind regards, Edson

Jay Clark

Oct 29, 2014, 11:46:45 AM10/29/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Practically-speaking, could I use a portable USB 2.0 HDD instead of a USB flash drive? My thinking is that 500GB sounds a lot nicer than 32 GB - 64 GB (cost-effective max), and I already have a 500GB drive laying around.

I tried with a 500GB USB 3.0 drive, but it didn't quite work (maybe because of the power requirements for USB 3.0?), and the drive doesn't have an A/C charger/power port. I have other smaller USB 2.0 drives I could try...

I'm using the TP-Link TL-MR3040 - and I tried it both powered and battery-only (same result: the SSID OpenWrt appeared but it wouldn't hand me an IP address).

~Jay

Matthias Strubel

Oct 29, 2014, 11:54:59 AM10/29/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Jay, the MR3040 has less power output then the MR3020.
The point is, that even with the same specs, some USB Stick doesn't work on the MR3040 which work on the MR3020.
.. So power output can be one reason.

Another reason can be partitioning. It seems that not even your installation started, when it shows you the SSID "OpenWrt" ... or you messed something else up ? ;)

Matthias