[PHP] [LibraryBox] Mediacenter mod (like Kodi)

Ninjaw PB

Mar 6, 2016, 5:50:06 AM3/6/16
to LibraryBox
Update 0.1 with new automated Ebook cover finder, and really better design, next : create tools to show covers for comic books, and magazines.

Hi, this is one more Mediacenter for LibraryBox, but this one is fully automated, and quite simple to install. So it is ugly as hell, I am not designer, but it works.
What we call a Media Center is just media files with full detailled infos and screenshots. Here's where I am so far, Movies, mp3, and ebooks (Yes this is in french, my code however is noted in english) Note that I tried to stay into the LibrayBox2 style and just added a Media Center link in the current 2.1 menu, no fancy player here, this is still links to files, and they will be continue to be in the download stats :

Movies are basically just posters :

When you'll click on a poster, you'll find lots of details about the movie before launching it: Plot, several pictures (poster and fullscreen art), file codecs, size and audio, runtime, rating... you can add lots more if wanted :

Music works the same, but cover is square, and there is no details (yet) just direct links.

Ebooks works the same, except I created a fully automated cover extractor, if no cover found into the ebook file, or beside a companion jpg file, right now you'll have just links.

So how does it work ? Famous mediacenters like Kodi are getting infos from the web, here you'll have to put them yourself in a way it will be detected: folders. The idea is that a mp3 album is obviously already in a folder, you will have to put all movies in their own private folders too, because they'll have more files for infos. Basically, movies are using the classic XBMC folder structure (ex-Kodi).

Folder.jpg ! Windows invented it: a file called folder.jpg inside a folder will become the main picture for the folder, here, they will be cover art and posters.

You don't like folder for movies ? not an issue : you can simply put the movie as it is, and add a poster with the same name.

It's a lot of work ? not ! Tinymediamanager will do all the movie work and more directly on the usb key. Same thing for mp3, Tag&Rename can handle folder.jpg as many other things, or you can also use that impressive script pack for filebot that will do the same : rename and create a xbmc folder structure for movies :

Here's a screenshot showing lot of infos that Tinymediamanager can grab for your movie on the usb key, all details are packed into movie.nfo, including file&codec details

Install the mod is easy : it's just a mediacenter folder to add into 'content', to call the mediacenter, just add mediacenter on the url... that means you just have to add a "mediacenter" link on the main page. Here are my files:

Remember, I suck big time at responsive design, or even design, feel free to help.

Bonus: all your screenshots will be showed automatically by DLNA !

Ninjaw PB

Mar 6, 2016, 5:51:36 PM3/6/16
to LibraryBox
Update 0.2 finnished the movie detail page, now it starts to look like something, looks like I cannot really open PDF files without ghostscript, so I worked out the "companion jpg file" for the brand new magazine page but also on movies and "shows", a new categorie I made for comedy and music shows. Next : TV shows, and comic books (they will be automated)

Hi, this is one more Mediacenter for LibraryBox, but this one is fully automated, and quite simple to install. So it is ugly as hell, I am not designer, but it works.
What we call a Media Center is just media files with full detailled infos and screenshots. Here's where I am so far, Movies, mp3, and ebooks (Yes this is in french, my code however is noted in english) Note that I tried to stay into the LibrayBox2 style and just added a Media Center link in the current 2.1 menu, no fancy player here, this is still links to files, and they will be continue to be in the download stats :
When you'll click on a poster, you'll find lots of details about the movie before launching it: Plot, several pictures (poster and fullscreen art), file codecs, size and audio, runtime, rating, genres... you can add lots more if wanted :

Shows are a category that works like exactly Movies, it is for Comedy and Music shows

Music works the same, but cover is square, and there is no details (yet) just direct links.

Ebooks works the same, except I created a fully automated cover extractor, if no cover found into the ebook file, or beside a companion jpg file, right now you'll have just links.

Magazines are pdf files, unfortunally it looks like i cannot open PDF files withou Ghostscript, so right now it's using jpg companion files

[...]

Ninjaw P.B.

Apr 3, 2016, 8:41:14 AM4/3/16
to LibraryBox
My mod is still in developpement, and for now on hold : I found a way to auto extract pictures from PDF files without all missing php addons, unfortunally it works with 30% of pdf only, and it's very frustrative for me, however, I updated the ebook picture extractor and is now very powerfull as it will grab any picture inside whatever it is.

Also I started to rethink the whole think, that's why it takes time:
-added translations
-i will get rid of forced sections, I want it to be so powerfull it will be able to show any type of combined files in any numbers of folders. Sections will still be there but with a lot of customizing.
-Scanning 100MB magazines is not the same speed as scanning 0.3MB ebooks, so I started to show working statuts info, and will add a "delete cover" option... That means first time you access webpage it will heavily work on grabing multimedia infos, and showing things like "Picture found ! delete it ?" but second time it will be just ready.