Security.

azarul ikhsan

Oct 14, 2016, 10:55:00 PM10/14/16
to LibraryBox
can we put encryption or password to access the file sharing through IP?

Jason Griffey

Oct 14, 2016, 10:59:33 PM10/14/16
to LibraryBox

"Normal" wireless encryption will not work with devices that aren't connected to the 'net...https/ssl doesn't work without a root cert that can be verified out in the world. That's due to what the browser expects when an https request is made.

If you wish to share content that requires encryption, the safest method for that is to encrypt at the file level and share the password to said files via another channel.

Jason

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 9:55 PM azarul ikhsan <zaru...@gmail.com> wrote:
can we put encryption or password to access the file sharing through IP?

azarul ikhsan

Oct 15, 2016, 11:10:46 AM10/15/16
to LibraryBox
how can i do it? can you explain in detail?

Jason Griffey

Oct 15, 2016, 2:31:57 PM10/15/16
to LibraryBox

Unfortunately, no. There are many guides online for file encryption, and all of them have risks if implemented improperly. That is beyond the boundaries of this list, but there are plenty of other places online to get that info.

Jason