Can the MR-3040 still be used as a 3G modem?

Jay Clark

Sep 9, 2015, 12:28:01 PM9/9/15
to LibraryBox
Hi,
I'm pretty sure I haven't seen this mentioned on the website or in this group before, but if it has and I missed it, my apologies.

I'm curious to know if the MR-3040 will still work as a 3G modem after being flashed with the LibraryBox firmware. I don't have a 3G dongle to test with and a friend is using one in Africa soon and wants to know if she can just use her LibraryBox and swap in the modem when she needs it.

Thanks!
~Jay

Jason Griffey

Sep 9, 2015, 1:09:46 PM9/9/15
to LibraryBox

Unfortunately, no. After you convert the MR3040/MR3020 and others to LibraryBox (or Piratebox), the 3G stuff no longer works.

Jason

Jay Clark

Sep 9, 2015, 2:24:52 PM9/9/15
to LibraryBox
Thanks Jason.
Is that because PirateBox or DD-WRT do not support it? Or was that capability removed with LibraryBox?

Thanks again,
~Jay

Jason Griffey

Sep 9, 2015, 2:27:13 PM9/9/15
to LibraryBox
I'm not sure about other OpenWRT projects, but neither piratebox nor librarybox have that capacity. Not to say it isn't possible through massive hackery, but I'm not sure about support for that.

Jason