Upload?

Christophe Rhein

Oct 13, 2016, 8:17:24 PM10/13/16
to LibraryBox
Hello,
How do you activate the upload in the last version of Librarybox?
Still the same way as before?

Thank you
Christophe

Jason Griffey

Oct 13, 2016, 8:19:41 PM10/13/16
to LibraryBox

Librarybox doesn't have, by default, a public upload option. In order to get one, you have to do some hacking on the system, which is obviously less than recommended.

If you really want public uploads, you may want to check Piratebox out. They've come a long way with the last release...much easier to use than previously. Although we try to keep LibraryBox easier. :-)

Jason

Christophe Rhein

Oct 13, 2016, 8:36:51 PM10/13/16
to LibraryBox
Hello,
So
 vi /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf modification
  1. DROOPY_ENABLED="no" to  "yes"

  is not working anymore in Librarybox 2.1?

Thanks for your help
Christophe

Matthias Strubel

Oct 13, 2016, 11:48:54 PM10/13/16
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
yes and then restart the librarybox to make it active. If it does not work, there is a bug :)
Matthias

Christophe Rhein

Nov 13, 2016, 5:09:05 PM11/13/16
to LibraryBox
Hello,

I activated the upload in /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf but... always a but:-)
When I reboot the box I have no file or place to upload on the librarybox home page... Where is the upload.html file like in the previous version? Or does it work another way in 2.1?
It is important for the teachers here so the students can upload there work to the box!
Thanks for your help!
Christophe

Matthias Strubel

Nov 14, 2016, 5:28:15 AM11/14/16
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
you need to add an iframe pointing to http://192.168.1.1:8080 on the landing page to make the upload option visible.

best regards
Matthias

Christophe Rhein

Jan 5, 2017, 8:57:37 AM1/5/17
to LibraryBox
Hello Mathias,
I'm back in France again... And I want to still make the upload work for the students. What did you ment by "landing page" in your answer below?
Before I used the file upload.html to do the job...

Thanks for your help!
Christophe

upload.html

Jason Griffey

Jan 5, 2017, 1:20:41 PM1/5/17
to LibraryBox

The landing page is index.html in the /Content directory on the USB. Matthias means that you need an iFrame somewhere on that page that points at the IP & Port in question in order to have it show the upload option.

Jason

Christophe Rhein

Feb 2, 2017, 6:41:29 AM2/2/17
to LibraryBox
Thank you
I will try to find a solution to add a new page for that like in the old version.