Download counter

Matthew Payne

Dec 26, 2014, 3:59:21 AM12/26/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on a project called StoryBox that is going to install several modified Library Boxes around the local town. Each box contains a set of short stories, illustrations, audio stories and video shorts that have been created for the specific box location by members of the public.

I've created some new html pages on the LibraryBox to provide a nice interface for each download page but I can't work out how to count the downloads. I've seen a post referencing changing the download URL to " http://librarybox.lan/dl_statistics_counter.php?DL_URL=/ " but I don't seem to have that file on my LibraryBox.

Can someone explain how I can track the number of downloads?

Matt

Jason Griffey

Dec 27, 2014, 9:50:58 PM12/27/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com

There is a php file in the directory /mnt/usb/LibraryBox/Content/ called dl_statistics_counter.php. That toggles a change in the sqlite database that keeps track of downloads from the box.

If you have files in the download directory, the URLs to grab said files need to be preceded by the string you mentioned. That toggles a count, and then passes on to the URL to download.

That make sense?

Jason

Matthew Payne

Dec 28, 2014, 4:57:26 AM12/28/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jason.

I understand how it works with the URL but the problem is that I don't have the dl_statistics_counter.php file.

This is a standard install of LibraryBox so I'm left wondering why it is not there.

Matt

Matthias Strubel

Dec 28, 2014, 10:16:35 AM12/28/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Jason is wrong. The dl_statistics_counter.php file is not part of the customizable content and so it is NOT located in the content folder. You can find it only  logged into the box in the directory: /opt/piratebox/www

Matthias

Jason Griffey

Dec 28, 2014, 10:21:45 AM12/28/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com

ack! Sorry. That's what I get for going from memory instead of looking.

Thanks!

Jason

Matthias Strubel

Dec 28, 2014, 11:03:32 AM12/28/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com

Matthew Payne

Dec 28, 2014, 1:03:43 PM12/28/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all.

I managed to find it and now the stats are working.

Matt