Modify the initial Chat box text

Campbell Smythe

Mar 31, 2014, 7:14:13 AM3/31/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys

Is there a way to modify the initial text seen in the Chat box?

I put that txt file on the USB in the /Librarybox/config/ folder but it doesnt appear to have any impact.  I just want to change the name setting.

cheers
Campbell

Matthias Strubel

Mar 31, 2014, 9:22:33 AM3/31/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
yes, you found the correct file, but instead of placing the modfied txt into the config folder, you need to modify it "in place", where you found it.
Only the given txt files are pulled to change configuration, everything else within the folder isn't recognized.

regards Matthias

Campbell Smythe

Apr 1, 2014, 7:32:54 PM4/1/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com, kurven...@googlemail.com
Great!  Thanks Matthias.

Ron Miller

Apr 7, 2014, 3:52:52 PM4/7/14

On Monday, March 31, 2014 9:22:33 AM UTC-4, Matthias Strubel wrote:
Hi!
yes, you found the correct file, but instead of placing the modfied txt into the config folder, you need to modify it "in place", where you found it.
Only the given txt files are pulled to change configuration, everything else within the folder isn't recognized.

regards Matthias

Matthias,
Suggestion: If config file exists in the usb config folder, then use it instead of the original on the router.  This way the above problem would not exist.

--
Ron Miller

Ron Miller

Apr 8, 2014, 10:00:59 AM4/8/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
I'll repost my suggestion as a new thread.

--
Ron Miller

Knight47

Dec 11, 2016, 2:31:25 PM12/11/16
to LibraryBox

Hello Campbell
Please where do i find the "chat_init.txt  file

Thanks
Knight47

Campbell Smythe

Oct 7, 2017, 1:24:18 AM10/7/17
to LibraryBox
  1. connect your Librarybox to your computer
  2. make sure your computer has IP address 192.168.1.2 or in the range 192.168.1.xxx
  3. use Terminal (Mac) or PuTTY (PC) ssh into Librarybox ssh ro...@192.168.1.1
    1. in Putty, at the login prompt enter the user – root, then the password
  4. change the directory to the location of the file we want to modify type: cd /opt/piratebox/conf
  5. to modify the initial chat box content txt file type –

vi chat_init.txt

  1. press i to go into edit mode
  2. make your edit
  3. press Esc to go back to command mode
  4. type :w to save your edit, press enter/return key
  5. type :q, then press enter/return to quit editing
  6. Restart the Librarybox to apply the changes – reboot -f