LibraryBox translations needed

Jason Griffey

Sep 4, 2014, 8:53:26 AM9/4/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com

We have finally rolled language translation for the UI into the next release (v2.1) of LibraryBox! But that means that we need, well...other languages. So I'm asking the community to help with the translation process. Details are on my blog:

If you (or you and a group) can help out with a translation, please do. I'd love to get the most popular languages first, but anything is welcome!

Thanks, and LMK if you have any questions.

Jason
Message has been deleted

Daniel Berman

Apr 12, 2015, 10:18:00 PM4/12/15
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Are you still accepting translations? If I build out a translation will there be a way to update my local librarybox even if the official distribution doesn't have my particular translation yet?

~ Daniel

Jason Griffey

Apr 12, 2015, 10:22:29 PM4/12/15
to libra...@googlegroups.com

Yes and yes...the 2.1 has a very easy to use translation system based on the Mozilla l10n project. It's text based, easy to add to, and easy to customize.

I'm waiting on a reply from Matthias before I release the 2.1 beta, but hopefully that will be very soon. It's late, I know...

What language were you hoping to add?

Jason

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 9:17 PM Daniel Berman <midcolumbi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you still accepting translations? If I build out a translation will there be a way to update my local librarybox even if the official distribution doesn't have my particular translation yet?

~ Daniel

daniel

Apr 12, 2015, 10:33:56 PM4/12/15
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Turkish, and then hopefully Hebrew, Arabic, and Persian. I came across the BibleBox (http://biblebox.org/) fork of LibraryBox and instead of translating the fork, I realized my efforts might be better served in helping the translation of the LibraryBox and then letting BibleBox refork off the new code. To be honest I am a complete newbie when it comes to l10n internationalization but based on the English and French translation sheets things look relatively simple. I am looking forward to reading any additional documentation you produce.

~ Daniel

Jason Griffey

Apr 14, 2015, 6:36:37 PM4/14/15
to libra...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, the translations themselves are designed to be just text files....all you need to do is replace, say, the French in the fr translation with language X.

I would _love_ to be able to include any or all of those languages. if you get me the text files, I'll do the rest.

Jason

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 9:33 PM daniel <dan...@danielcberman.com> wrote:
Turkish, and then hopefully Hebrew, Arabic, and Persian. I came across the BibleBox (http://biblebox.org/) fork of LibraryBox and instead of translating the fork, I realized my efforts might be better served in helping the translation of the LibraryBox and then letting BibleBox refork off the new code. To be honest I am a complete newbie when it comes to l10n internationalization but based on the English and French translation sheets things look relatively simple. I am looking forward to reading any additional documentation you produce.

~ Daniel

Message has been deleted

Bruno Horacio

May 27, 2015, 1:38:49 PM5/27/15
to libra...@googlegroups.com
I can translate to portuguese .

Please send me the text .

Atul Grover

Aug 20, 2015, 4:53:54 AM8/20/15
to LibraryBox

Hi Jason,

I can try some HINDI / PUNJABI (north Indian languages).

Please let me know how you want to have the translation done.

Regards
Atul Grover

Jason Griffey

Aug 20, 2015, 9:46:34 AM8/20/15
to LibraryBox

That would be FANTASTIC. I'm working on a better way, but for now you can still follow the directions here:

and send me the resulting text file. I'll handle the rest and get it bundled into the release.

Thanks!

Jason