modbus_write_registers error

Aday López Ramírez

Jul 29, 2016, 4:51:48 AM7/29/16
to libmodbus
Hello

I am using libmodbus to communicate with ADAM 60XX modules. I am using it with various modules but I have a problem with one of them. When I use the modbus_write_registers function, it worked with some modules but with one it is giving me a "connection timed out" exception. I checked the packages sent with wireshark and as long as I know the response package is sent correctly, indicating the number or registers being written, but the function returns me -1. Is there any solution to this? not pretty sure if it is a bug, but I think so as long as the response package seems to be correctly built by the module.

Aday López Ramírez

Jul 29, 2016, 6:40:35 AM7/29/16
to libmodbus
Im reading that it could be an issue with "local echo", is there any way of avoiding this on libmodbus?

Aday López Ramírez

Jul 29, 2016, 7:20:09 AM7/29/16
to libmodbus
Sorry, I answer myself. I was having problems with the module, but I changed the timeout time to the max and now the responses are received correctly. I guess it is not a library bug but a problem of different responses times with the modules Im working. Thanks and great job with the library.