Cross compile libmodbus for QT

Hashem Gh

Jan 8, 2016, 3:16:45 AM1/8/16
to libmodbus
Hi dears.
I want to use libmodbus in one of my QT project. I am using ubuntu OS for programming and I compile QT for Desktop and CubieBoard.
I can see and work with libmodbus library after download and install libmodbus on my ubuntu desktop but QT compiler just find libmodbus library in desktop kit mode and can not find that in the cubieboard cross compile mode. Could you please help me solve this problem.
Fig 1 : libmodbus detected by the QT program at Desktop compile mode
Fig 2 : libmodbus is not detected by the QT program at ARM cross compile mode for Cubie Board
Fig 3 : list of compilers
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot3.png

Francisco Ares

Jan 8, 2016, 5:49:42 AM1/8/16
to libm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is not a question on libmodbus, but more precisely on how to use other libraries in a Qt project, and even more precisely, using qtcreator.

There is probably some missing configuration on qtcreator, regarding default directories, the root directories where it will look for tools and the root directories where it will look for libraries.

I have never used qtcreator for an embedded project, but for desktop projects, for example, the default root directory for libraries header files in Linux systems use to be "/usr/include", and this is the default to qtcreator, too.

So, as you have used

#include "modbus/modbus.h"

you might have used

#include <modbus/modbus.h>

which means "/usr/include/modbus/modbus.h".

Try asking this same question to a Qt specific forum, there you will find much more help.

Good luck, and best regards.
Francisco

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "libmodbus".

Hashem Gh

Feb 4, 2016, 11:18:24 PM2/4/16
to libmodbus
Hi Francisco,
Thanks for response to my question.
I've solved this problem and your response helped me.

with best wishes for you
Hashem Ghorbanpanah

Francisco Ares

Feb 5, 2016, 5:29:50 AM2/5/16
to libm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Hashem, I'm glad to know that, you're welcome.

Good luck and
Best Regards,
Francisco