Unknown error (10060)

nico....@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2018, 2:04:12 PM6/24/18
to libmodbus
Hello,

I am trying to communicate with an analyzer over modbus TCP using libmodbus v3.0.6. At this moment I got it to work in the sense that I can start and stop the analyzer and I can pull data from it. Unfortunately my current implementation doesn't seem to be very stable. I am able to do all these things for as long as I have a connection to the analyzer. This connection however seems to fail with an "Unknown error" (according to modbus_strerror(errno)) after a (variable) couple of seconds.

If I ask for the value of "errno" then it turns out to be 10060. This lead me to believe that it might be related to: "TCP error 10060 : a packet is being dropped (not denied)". My application is using sockets elsewhere to send and receive short UPD messages in order to keep data from several sensors synchronized between two applications, so there might be a slightly higher network load.

If this error 10060 does indeed come from winsock and does indicate a timeout/lost packet, then I would like to know if there is anything I can do to make libmodbus more tolerant/patient.
If it doesn't I would really appreciate some pointers about what could cause this problem and what can I do about it.

Kind regards, Nico