LNK 1117 Fatal Error

Yokanan Wigar

Sep 27, 2017, 9:43:47 AM9/27/17
to libmodbus
Hi there,
I've downloaded the latest libmodbus from git, ran the configure.js, opened the solution modbus9.sln and tried to build the solution with Visual Studio 2015 but I received this error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK1117 syntax error in option 'VERSION:1.0.0' modbus E:\Modbus\libmodbus\src\win32\LINK 1

Some forums advice to clear the Properties -> Linker -> Version, but it is already empty. What should I do to build modbus9.sln? thank you.

oldfaber

Oct 12, 2017, 8:35:03 AM10/12/17
to libmodbus

The field Version in Properties -> Linker ->General  must be empty or in the form 3.1 (two digits with a dot)
See https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h88b7dc8.aspx.
Please check again.

Best regards
Fabio