reply timeout

Danny Dayan

Mar 15, 2015, 4:42:12 PM3/15/15
to libm...@googlegroups.com
Hi stephane,
can you help me please.
im using libmodbus-3.0.6 rtu over rs485.
my master on pc
and client -embeded arm system with rs485-usb cable
the tcp working good , but in rtu i get
reply timeout or bad crc
the master is modpol
and client is with unit-test-client.c
i can recieve the request but the reply is not good.
i tried setting several byte_timout and response_timeout

thanks
danny

Danny Dayan

Mar 16, 2015, 4:01:42 AM3/16/15
to libm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
i found that the reply is the copy of the request.
and than i get CRC error in master.
what can cause that??

danny

Torello Querci

Mar 16, 2015, 4:22:00 AM3/16/15
to libm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danny,

which king of rs485 port are you using on PC? If you are using a 485 available on PC can you perform e test using rs485-usb converter instead?
On a lot of box that I have I need to manually manag RTS or DTO bit to be able to read data. In that cases the timing is very important.

Best regards
Torello

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "libmodbus".

Danny Dayan

Mar 16, 2015, 6:29:53 AM3/16/15
to libm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Torello,
in pc (master) -ttyUSB0
in arm-system(slave) -ttymxc0
i dont have 485 port in pc.
and the cable only have D+,D- wired. no RTS or DTO

regards,
danny

Torello Querci

Mar 16, 2015, 6:36:11 AM3/16/15
to libm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danny

Hi Torello,
in pc (master) -ttyUSB0
in arm-system(slave) -ttymxc0
i dont have 485 port in pc.
and the cable only have D+,D- wired. no RTS or DTO

I know but on some PC board I have RTS or DTS used to handle the bus acquisition. Of course these signals are not on the wire.

The only think that I can imagine is try to realize a 485 sniffer to be sure about what is present on the wire in addition to use debug option with libmodbus.

Best regards
Torello