Modbus newbie

amol chaudhari

Mar 17, 2015, 5:44:37 PM3/17/15
to libm...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone

I am a newbie to modbus and I was wondering if there is a simulator I can use to work with modbus protocol.

Google hasn't been kind to me as I couldn't find any decent simulator to get me up and running with modbus.

Thanks
Amol

Giampaolo Bellini

Mar 17, 2015, 5:50:00 PM3/17/15
to libm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Amol

  for a modbus master you can try http://qmodbus.sourceforge.net/

   Best Regards

        Giampaolo

Amol

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes libmodbus.

Amol Chaudhari

Mar 17, 2015, 8:09:50 PM3/17/15
to libm...@googlegroups.com
This is very cool !!

How can I simulate slaves too ?? Is there a separate slave simulator ?

Thanks
Amol

Sent from my iPhone
Pour obtenir davantage d'options, consultez la page https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

amol chaudhari

Mar 18, 2015, 12:00:23 AM3/18/15
to libm...@googlegroups.com

Just adding here for someones reference.

Once i established communication between the 2 applications i could see things in action and map the data into the slaves. That gave a pretty decent picture how things work.

:D