Update on Yesterday's Build - GREAT JOB!

1 view

Rachel Peterson

Mar 24, 2014, 8:51:34 PM3/24/14
to liberated-tech...@googlegroups.com, liberated-te...@googlegroups.com, rk...@sevaa.com
Thanks to everyone that came by on Sunday. We kicked butt! I hope everyone had fun and a donut.

Also, l want to give a shout out to Randall Kent from Jumpstart IT & Sevaa Group for donating all of this great stuff. Thanks for thinking of us, Randall!

Here's what we did:

  • moved/cleaned 19 PCs inside and out
  • sorted/tested all the hard drives
  • cleaned/tested 18 monitors
  • sorted RAM
  • began evaluating these machines

All the hard labor is done. Now we just need to get the hard drives wiped (just to be sure), load them with Mint 15, upgrade RAM where possible, do a little quality control, cross our fingers, sprinkle magic pixie dust and that's it!

We are granting these PC workstations to a school for kids with autism and a shelter for single moms. Both organizations desperately need them and will put them to great use. We will still have a few left over to grant or give to volunteers that have met 30 hours with us.

I will do a lot better with organizing the builds. I'm working on that with a couple LT volunteers. We had twice as many people show up as I planned so it was a little hectic. Thanks for understanding!

I'll be sending various emails out over the upcoming weeks about Spring/Summer events and new projects. If anything looks interesting to you, please get involved. The emails will include links for event volunteer sign-up sheets.  Help us spread the word about our events on Fbook, etc. when you see them. Thanks!

p.s. I will send an email out late in the week about what we are doing this Sunday. We may have another build to finish these machines if the Freeside classroom is free to use. Stay tuned...

Rachel Peterson

(404) 433-9700

Executive Director, Liberated Tech

Landfills don't compute.