News & Volunteer Session Tomorrow from 1pm to 4pm

Rachel Peterson

Mar 8, 2014, 8:21:37 PM3/8/14
to liberated-te...@googlegroups.com, liberated-tech...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Sorry this is so late in the week. I wanted to send this earlier but  it was super nice out there today. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

I am picking up a big PC donation before our meeting tomorrow so I will be later than usual tomorrow.

Tomorrow I could use some help with our "Intro to PC Troubleshooting" curriculum/presentation that I have started. It needs editing with some people that know more about hardware than me - there are many of you on this list so come on down to Freeside tomorrow around 1pm if you feel like joining in.

The presentation is for a PC Troubleshooting meetup at the East Atl Library this Monday at 5pm. This is free and open to the public. The library asks that people pre-register. More info here: http://bit.ly/1qiD644

The presentation will also be used on our website and wiki for anyone to access and learn.

We also have some tech support meetups that we will start in April. These will be casual discussions about specific computer-related topics.  This will be free and open to the public.  Our goal is that everyone learns more about hardware and software through shared information in an easy setting. Topics we are thinking about are things like: all about hard drives - operation, partitioning, data wiping and back-up - can come and soak up information.

Another planned topic is Free Open Source Software - what are the best programs out there and what can you do with them? We also talk about how to get involved in the FLOSS community and find projects/collaborators.

The gate code is now 2011#

Thanks,

Rachel Peterson

(404) 433-9700