LT Public Meeting Postponed

Rachel Peterson

Jan 29, 2014, 9:20:54 AM1/29/14
to freesideatl...@googlegroups.com, liberated-tech...@googlegroups.com, liberated-te...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all made it home safe yesterday.

I rescheduled the Liberated Tech public meeting to tomorrow night at 7:30pm at Freeside. If the roads don't return to normal by tomorrow afternoon, I will postpone the meeting again and email everyone.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Rachel Peterson

(404) 433-9700

Executive Director, Liberated Tech

Landfills don't compute.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Rachel Peterson

Feb 3, 2014, 8:36:19 PM2/3/14
to freesideatl...@googlegroups.com, liberated-tech...@googlegroups.com, liberated-te...@googlegroups.com
Here's a recap of our public meeting from last week regarding our state of affairs and plans for 2014:

Essentially we have decided to suspend PC builds at Freeside if/when:

1. we have a storage unit for donations
2. ceiling and outlets are installed in classroom (for obvious reasons)
3. we form a collective of volunteers that can help with our organizational tasks
4. we have better infrastructure and tools in place to manage donations, volunteers and PC builds

What we really need is a collective of people that are dedicated to getting LT established. Established means we have a our own home, solid infrastructure and 3 full time staff people so that our donation center is open daily, we have PC builds daily, our thrift shop is open.

Since I'm now working full time, my time for LT and Freeside is limited. :(

I will be at Freeside most Sunday afternoons working on LT organizational stuff.  Anyone that wants to lend a hand, please come by on any Sunday afternoon around 12:30pm (ALWAYS check Meetup for our meeting and RSVP - this is in case we have to cancel).

On Sundays, I will have a comprehensive list of tasks. Some tasks will be quick and simple. Some will be kind of complex. The more people we have pitching in, the more progress we will make.  Anyone can contribute as a one off volunteer, or a regular.  If you're unfamiliar with us, here's what we are about: Our Mission

My main priority is fundraising for infrastructure costs. Right now I am working on mixed media pieces for our upcoming crowdfunding campaign. These pieces will be thank you gifts. They incorporate solar panel scraps that light up LEDs salvaged from old PCs. If anyone has some expertise with soldering, electronics and/or mini solar panels and wants to help out with this, I'd love to have help.

Igor has offered to help me out will organizational stuff and we will be getting the classroom up to snuff for everyone's benefit.

Betsy, Niels and Dominic are still on the board and are contributing as they can.  We are all talking with various people and organizations about funding, partnerships, space and will continue to explore opportunities. But, progress is always slow with these things.

Thanks,

Rachel Peterson

(404) 433-9700

Executive Director, Liberated Tech

Landfills don't compute.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

On 02/03/2014 07:21 PM, Randy Farmer wrote:

Sorry,  I was still snowed in in the burbs. Is there a synopsis of an update?