Somerset Contra - Fri, 03/31/12

1 view

Ted Alcorn

Mar 28, 2012, 10:37:46 PM3/28/12
to Lexington Contra Dancers
I'm planning to go. May try to catch the Berea carpool behind the
Tavern.

I often have an early supper in Berea, to break the trip.

Jennifer is talking about taking some of the UK students, so there
may be multiple vehicles from Lexington.

This is an early one. See the appended excerpt from George's e-mail.
You need to allow nearly two hours from Lexington.

Ted

From George Oberst in Berea:

This Saturday 3/31 there's a Contra Dance in Somerset at St. Mildred
Church's O'Bryan Center. The evening starts at 7pm with a beginners
lesson, main event at 7:30. Calling will be Frank Buschelmann with the
fine mega-band, The Mixed Nuts. Admission is $4 students/seniors/CAP
volunteers/childcare, $6 everybody else. Delicious refreshments by
Donna at the break. The O'Bryan Center is at 203 South Central Ave,
Somerset, KY 42501, near the corner of S. Central and Cotter, next to
St Mildred Catholic Church. Google gets you bad close!

Carpooling from Berea to the Somerset dance:
We'd need to leave Berea by 6:15, so let us assemble at 6:00 at the
portico in back of Boone Tavern to allow some sorting time. Anyone who
can possibly drive should bring your vehicle; we might not need all of
them but if we have a bunch of our student buddies needing a ride,
let's do our best not to leave anyone disappointed! We should get back
to Berea around 11:30 or so. IF YOU CAN provide some seats, OR if you
need a seat, please let me know by return email!