Windows/Boost LevelDB port updated to 1.18

Edouard Alligand

Oct 20, 2014, 7:44:11 AM10/20/14
to lev...@googlegroups.com
I'm pleased to announce that we've updated our custom LevelDB branch to 1.18.

This branch builds with CMake and uses the Boost Libraries. It also requires a C++ 11 compiler.

It fixes many issues that prevent LevelDB from working correctly in Windows.

Despite some improvements in the 1.18 branch, many signed/unsigned issues were left unresolved. We've done our best to improve the situation.

On a different topic, we're sorry to say that we've found a problematic function profile:

extern uint32_t Hash(const char* data, size_t n, uint32_t seed);

When working on bytes one should use unsigned types (unless you are looking for a very specific side effect).

On Windows the hash tests do not pass with a signed signature. We've corrected that in our branch and invite the the LevelDB authors to incorporate our fix.

Feedback warmly welcomed.

Our branch is available on GitHub:

https://github.com/bureau14/leveldb

Kind regards.

--Edouard

The Nguyen Xuan

Nov 14, 2014, 4:53:29 AM11/14/14
to lev...@googlegroups.com
thanks for sharing

but when i build with cmake, i has recieve a meessage error:
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake/share/cmake-3.1/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1182 (message):
Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

Unable to find the Boost header files. Please set BOOST_ROOT to the root
directory containing Boost or BOOST_INCLUDEDIR to the directory containing
Boost's headers.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:37 (find_package)

Please help me

Edouard Alligand

Nov 26, 2014, 4:22:29 AM11/26/14
to lev...@googlegroups.com
Hey there, you need to have the Boost Libraries installed.

Kind regards.

The Nguyen Xuan

Dec 4, 2014, 5:07:35 AM12/4/14
to lev...@googlegroups.com
Thank, I have successfully build

Vào 16:22:29 UTC+7 Thứ tư, ngày 26 tháng mười một năm 2014, Edouard A đã viết: