leveldb as an event store

Vachagan Balayan

Sep 18, 2015, 6:04:33 AM9/18/15
to leveldb
I'm considering to use leveldb as an event store, all entries insterted into database are blobs (encoded with protobuf),
and database will be append only (nothing is removed ever), but i cant really see how do we scale its capacity?
for example if almost all capacity of the box that runs the db is consumed, i need to add some other node to it and dynamically get new data
persisted on new box and have no downtime on database while scaling...

Is this possible with leveldb?

Julian Gruber

Sep 22, 2015, 4:05:53 PM9/22/15
to leveldb
For sure it's possible, but you'll need to build it. You can see leveldb as a database building block, not a done solution.