langserver - this looks important

Phil

Sep 13, 2017, 9:40:04 AM9/13/17
to leo-editor
I just ran across this 5 minutes ago, so I can't really comment on it other than that it appears relevant to Leo, so I though I'd pass along the info:

http://langserver.org/

Terry Brown

Sep 13, 2017, 9:57:16 AM9/13/17
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
I've heard about this, but hadn't seen a concrete implementation before.

I wonder if you can run it locally for cases where you have no internet
connection? Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting, perhaps it's typically
meant to be run locally - that would make more sense.

So perhaps the server architecture is just to avoid library binding
issues for each client / language client's are implemented in.

Thanks for the link.

Cheers -Terry

john lunzer

Sep 13, 2017, 10:34:21 AM9/13/17
to leo-editor
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 9:40:04 AM UTC-4, Phil wrote:
I just ran across this 5 minutes ago, so I can't really comment on it other than that it appears relevant to Leo, so I though I'd pass along the info:

http://langserver.org/

I agree, this does seem important. Hard to place it, I think it's a "keep it on the radar" project.

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 9:57:16 AM UTC-4, Terry Brown wrote:
I wonder if you can run it locally for cases where you have no internet
connection?  Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting, perhaps it's typically
meant to be run locally - that would make more sense.

So perhaps the server architecture is just to avoid library binding
issues for each client / language client's are implemented in.

I think it's a local client/server relationship.

Edward K. Ream

Sep 13, 2017, 10:38:39 AM9/13/17
to leo-editor
On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 8:40 AM, Phil <phil....@gmail.com> wrote:
I just ran across this 5 minutes ago, so I can't really comment on it other than that it appears relevant to Leo, so I though I'd pass along the info:

http://langserver.org/

​I'm pretty sure we discussed this before, because I have a bookmark for this GitHub page.  It's a reasonable thing for Leo to support.

Edward

lewis

Sep 13, 2017, 6:52:52 PM9/13/17
to leo-editor