Problems with executing code

Reagan Mitchell

Jul 12, 2015, 3:02:18 PM7/12/15
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
I'm a new Leo user, enthusiastic about its potential to organize coding projects.
However, I've have encountered a problem with executing code in the console. The program starts up normally from either a terminal or ipython console, but when I return to the console it displays no prompt, only the following lines:

** isPython3: True
Leo 5.1-final, build 20150416183122, Thu Apr 16 18:31:22 CDT 2015
Not running from a git repo
Python 3.4.0, PyQt version 5.2.1
linux

When I write code in Leo and attempt to execute it with either the menu or Ctrl-b, there's no response in either the log window or in the console from which leo was started.
This functionality was fine when I first installed leo, and I don't think I changed anything that would make it behave in this way. I did make some small adjustments to the settings - changing gui colors and un-commenting several plugins (which I re-commented after the problems arose).
I'd really like to make Leo my primary editor, but need to have integration with a python interpreter. If anyone has any ideas how I might fix this issue -- either to free up the console, or to get code to execute in a console other than the one which started leo -- I'll be very grateful.

Thanks,
Reagan Mitchell

Reagan Mitchell

Jul 12, 2015, 3:02:18 PM7/12/15
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
I'm a new Leo user, enthusiastic about it's potential for organization of coding projects.
However, I've encountered a problem with it's ability to execute code written in the editor. The program starts up normally from either a terminal or an ipython console, but when I return to the console it displays no prompt, only the last few lines of the startup output followed by blank space:

** isPython3: True
Leo 5.1-final, build 20150416183122, Thu Apr 16 18:31:22 CDT 2015
Not running from a git repo
Python 3.4.0, PyQt version 5.2.1
linux

When I write code in the editor and attempt to execute it with either the menu command or Ctrl+B, there's no response in the log window or in the console from which Leo was started.
The console output functionality was fine when I first installed Leo, and since then I've only made minor adjustments to the settings - adjusting gui colors, and un-commenting several available plugins (which I re-commented after the problems arose).
I'd really like to make Leo my primary editor, but need for it to integrate with a python interpreter. If anyone has any suggestions how I could free up the console, or have the code execute in a console other than the one from which leo was started, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Reagan

Edward K. Ream

Jul 12, 2015, 3:08:25 PM7/12/15
to leo-editor
On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Reagan Mitchell <rm7...@gmail.com> wrote:

When I write code in Leo and attempt to execute it with either the menu or Ctrl-b, there's no response in either the log window or in the console from which leo was started.

​Not sure what you mean by "no response".  If you start Leo from a console, then executing the following with ​
Ctrl-B should drop you into the Python debugger::

    print('hi')
    g.pdb()
    print('after')

If this doesn't happen then it may be time to reinstall Leo.

Edward