keys2 branch merged into devel

Edward K. Ream

Apr 22, 2018, 11:50:05 AM4/22/18
to leo-editor
I have just completed the last part the keys2 branch and merged it into devel.

Please test devel, not keys2.

I merged keys2 into devel a day early because of problems pulling and pushing from keys2.  They may be related to yesterday's merge of devel into keys2 on one of my machines. Rather than try to fix the cranky git state, I chose to punt and merge keys2 back into devel.

All seems to have gone well. All expected code is in place on devel, including today's fix of doMacTweaks.  If problems remain, I shall create a new "keys3" branch for future work.

Please report any problems immediately.

Edward

Terry Brown

Apr 22, 2018, 1:25:17 PM4/22/18
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 08:50:04 -0700 (PDT)
"Edward K. Ream" <edre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just completed the last part the keys2 branch and merged it
> into devel.
>
> Please test devel, *not *keys2.
>
> I merged keys2 into devel a day early because of problems pulling and
> pushing from keys2. They may be related to yesterday's merge of
> devel into keys2 on one of my machines. Rather than try to fix the
> cranky git state, I chose to punt and merge keys2 back into devel.
>
> All seems to have gone well. All expected code is in place on devel,
> including today's fix of doMacTweaks. If problems remain, I shall
> create a new "keys3" branch for future work.
>
> Please report any problems immediately.

Insert inserts "Ins" in a body, instead of inserting a node. If the
body's focused. If the tree's focused, it does nothing.

Leo 5.7.2 devel, build 20180419082201, Thu Apr 19 08:22:01 CDT 2018
Git repo info: branch = devel, commit = 1122819949f2
Python 3.5.2, PyQt version 5.8.0
linux
isPython3: True

Cheers -Terry

Edward K. Ream

Apr 22, 2018, 5:17:33 PM4/22/18
to leo-editor
On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Terry Brown <terry...@gmail.com> wrote:

Insert inserts "Ins" in a body, instead of inserting a node.  If the
body's focused.  If the tree's focused, it does nothing.

​Fixed at 1b9843d3c in devel.

Edward

lewis

Apr 22, 2018, 7:10:10 PM4/22/18
to leo-editor
Create a new node, press Caps Lock key. The text 'CapsLock' appears as the name of the new node.
Set focus to body text, press Caps Lock key. The body text 'CapsLock' appears at every press of the the Caps Lock key.

Leo Log Window

Leo 5.7.2 devel, build 20180419082201, Thu Apr 19 08:22:01 CDT 2018
Git repo info: branch = devel, commit = 1b9843d3c146
Python 3.6.5, PyQt version 5.10.1
Windows 10 AMD64 (build 10.0.16299) SP0

Regards
Lewis

Edward K. Ream

Apr 23, 2018, 3:40:15 AM4/23/18
to leo-editor
On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 6:10 PM, lewis <lewi...@operamail.com> wrote:
Create a new node, press Caps Lock key. The text 'CapsLock' appears as the name of the new node.

​Fixed at 56b83585b in devel.

Edward

lewis

Apr 27, 2018, 11:24:47 PM4/27/18
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeing weird backspace behaviour in headline.
Create a node test1. Use backspace to delete characters from the headline. Backspace deletes fine if you start from eol.

Place cursor before 'test1' and proceed to backspace. When you reach the beginning of the node it pastes 'test1' into the headline. It then copies the new headline and pastes it with each press.
Same behaviour if you place cursor anywhere before the eol.

Backspace is working as expected in node body text.

Leo Log Window
Leo 5.7.2 devel, build 20180423091843, Mon, Apr 23, 2018 9:18:43 AM
Git repo info: branch = devel, commit = f5b4d6a9dc12

Python 3.6.5, PyQt version 5.10.1
Windows 10 AMD64 (build 10.0.16299) SP0
isPython3: True

Regards
Lewis

Terry Brown

Apr 28, 2018, 6:19:36 PM4/28/18
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 20:24:47 -0700 (PDT)
lewis <lewi...@operamail.com> wrote:

> I'm seeing weird backspace behaviour in headline.
> Create a node test1. Use backspace to delete characters from the
> headline. Backspace deletes fine if you start from eol.
>
> Place cursor before 'test1' and proceed to backspace. When you reach
> the beginning of the node it pastes 'test1' into the headline. It
> then copies the new headline and pastes it with each press.
> Same behaviour if you place cursor anywhere before the eol.
>
> Backspace is working as expected in node body text.
>
> Regards
> Lewis

Just in case it helps I noticed that Ctrl-A backspace didn't seem to
work to clear the log, as it used to. Trivial workaround Ctrl-A delete
instead, but just mentioning in case it's diagnostic for Lewis's issue.

Cheers -Terry

Edward K. Ream

Apr 28, 2018, 6:52:27 PM4/28/18
to leo-editor
On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 10:24 PM, lewis <lewi...@operamail.com> wrote:
I'm seeing weird backspace behaviour in headline.

​Fixed at a4182a5d2.  This was a recent bug, not directly related to key-handling.

Edward

Edward K. Ream

Apr 28, 2018, 7:13:19 PM4/28/18
to leo-editor
On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 5:19 PM, Terry Brown <terry...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just in case it helps I noticed that Ctrl-A backspace didn't seem to
work to clear the log, as it used to.  Trivial workaround Ctrl-A delete
instead, but just mentioning in case it's diagnostic for Lewis's issue.

​Fixed at dff7ffefd in devel.  It's possible that this second fix would also have fixed Lewis's issue, but in fact there were two separate bugs involved, so it's good Lewis reported his bug first ;-)

Edward