File > New

tfer

Jun 14, 2018, 6:58:31 PM6/14/18
to leo-editor
Just running Leo again after a while, noticed "File > New" creates a tab "Master: untitled".  This is different, so what is meant by "Master: " - Not the branch surely, (although I am indeed running it from my local git repository with the Master branch checkout).  Perhaps Master in the sense of 'master-template', though their seems no special structure to the "untitled" document.

If the later is the case we could use to support things like making example documents that when saved become "Working Copies" and don't modify the "master" they were open from.

Tom

Rob

Jun 14, 2018, 7:35:15 PM6/14/18
to leo-editor
I noticed the same thing. The `Master` implies the branch you're currently subscribed to. I subscribe and update the `devel` branch, so when I create a new xxx.leo file, that is what is shown in the tab as a title until I save and rename it. I don't have a strong opinion about the merits of that change, nor do I know when that started, but that's what it means. When you save the file, you're still prompted to provide the location and the name of the file. Unless I'm wrong (I could be), the only effect is the name of the tab itself. HTH,

Rob...

tfer

Jun 14, 2018, 9:42:42 PM6/14/18
to leo-editor
Thanks, I thought that might be the case though I couldn't think of why the change.

Edward K. Ream

Jun 15, 2018, 6:59:10 AM6/15/18
to leo-editor
On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:42 PM, 'tfer' via leo-editor <leo-e...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Thanks, I thought that might be the case though I couldn't think of why the change.

​The branch name is useful to remind devs which branch they are on.

It does not appear if you aren't running from a git branch.

Edward