wrap as you type...

Terry Brown

Apr 28, 2015, 1:05:57 PM4/28/15
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
These commands are not new:

spell-as-you-type-toggle - toggle spell as you type mode
spell-as-you-type-next - replace last word with next suggestion
spell-as-you-type-undo - undo correction
spell-as-you-type-wrap - swap ' ' (space) to '\n' (Return) beyond
@int page-width setting (toggles behavior on and off)

What's new - spell-as-you-type-wrap actually works now :-)

It's not perfect, it misses for example a long word ending a para that
puts you beyond your desired margin, because you type '\n' not ' ' to
end the para. But it's better than nothing.

spell-as-you-type-wrap is a bad name for something that has nothing to
do with spelling, but the code implementing the rest of the
spell-as-you-type- functions was the place to implement this. It could
have another name, like wrap-as-you-type, I guess.

Cheers -Terry

john lunzer

Apr 28, 2015, 1:18:17 PM4/28/15
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
So wait, what is spell-as-you-type? I toggled it on and have no idea what it does. Searching for "spell-as-you-type" in the website documentation produces no results.

Edward K. Ream

Apr 30, 2015, 2:02:15 PM4/30/15
to leo-editor
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:05 PM, 'Terry Brown' via leo-editor <leo-e...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

spell-as-you-type-wrap is a bad name for something that has nothing to
do with spelling, but the code implementing the rest of the
spell-as-you-type- functions was the place to implement this.  It could
have another name, like wrap-as-you-type, I guess.

​Anyone could add @command wrap-as-you-type if they care.

EKR