Leo 5.3-final released

Edward K. Ream

May 2, 2016, 8:16:46 AM5/2/16
to leo-editor

Leo 5.3-final is now available on SourceForge. Leo is a PIM, an IDE and an outliner. Many thanks to all who have contributed to this release.

The highlights of Leo 5.3

  • Leo now supports Jupyter Notebook (.ipynb) files.
  • @chapter is now allowed anywhere. No need for @chapters.
  • Faster spell checking.
  • The rst3 command supports @rst-table.
  • The show-invisibles command now uses native Qt characters.
  • Dozens of other improvements and bug fixes.

Leo is:

  • An outliner. Everything in Leo is an outline.
  • A Personal Information Manager.
  • A browser with a memory.
  • A powerful scripting environment.
  • A tool for studying other people's code.
  • A fully-featured IDE, with emacs-like commands.
  • Extensible via a simple plugin architecture.
  • A tool that plays well with IPython, vim and xemacs.
  • Written in 100% pure Python
  • Compatible with Python 2.6 and above or Python 3.0 and above.
  • A tool with an inspiring and active community.

Leo's unique features:

  • Always-present, persistent, outline structure.
  • Leo's underlying data is a Directed Acyclic Graph.
  • Clones create multiple views of an outline.
  • A simple, powerful, outline-oriented Python API.
  • Scripts and programs can be composed from outlines.
  • Importers convert flat text into outlines.
  • Scripts have full access to all of Leo's sources.
  • Commands that act on outline structure.
    Example: the rst3 command converts outlines to reStructuredText.
  • @test and @suite scripts create unit tests automatically.
  • @button scripts apply scripts to outline data.
  • Outline-oriented directives.

Simulating these features in vim, Emacs or Eclipse is possible, just as it is possible to simulate Python in assembly language...

Links

Lucas Buchala

May 8, 2016, 7:46:27 PM5/8/16
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Edward K. Ream <edre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Leo 5.3-final is now available on SourceForge. Leo is a PIM, an IDE and an
> outliner. Many thanks to all who have contributed to this release.

Thanks for the release!

I noticed the last tag in the GitHub repo is still the 5.2-final. I
wonder if you will push the 5.3-final tag there later.

Zoom.Quiet

May 9, 2016, 10:53:32 AM5/9/16
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 8:20 AM, Lucas Buchala <lucasb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Edward K. Ream <edre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Leo 5.3-final is now available on SourceForge. Leo is a PIM, an IDE and an
>> outliner. Many thanks to all who have contributed to this release.

agree, github speed fast than sourceforge....

> Thanks for the release!
>
> I noticed the last tag in the GitHub repo is still the 5.2-final. I
> wonder if you will push the 5.3-final tag there later.
>
> --

Life's Pathetic, Let's Pythonic! 人生苦短, Python是岸!
俺: http://zoomquiet.io
授: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/cn/
怒: 冗余不做,日子甭过!备份不做,十恶不赦!
KM keep growing environment culture which promoting organization be learnning!

Edward K. Ream

May 9, 2016, 4:53:35 PM5/9/16
to leo-editor

On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 6:46:27 PM UTC-5, Lucas wrote:

Thanks for the release!

I noticed the last tag in the GitHub repo is still the 5.2-final. I
wonder if you will push the 5.3-final tag there later.

I've just created a 5.3-final release here. However, there seems to be a weird bug that prevents me from choosing the proper commit, which is, in fact, 12f2264ff0.  As a workaround, I pushed a soft reset at rev 0686a3037bd which should be equivalent to the "real" rev, e15d4cc75.

Please let me know if this causes any problems.

Edward

Edward K. Ream

May 9, 2016, 5:05:27 PM5/9/16
to leo-editor