Text wrapping in Leo

Terry Brown

Jan 12, 2017, 10:44:20 AM1/12/17
to Leo-editor
Here's the commit message for 05df9ac

add @cmd justify-toggle-auto and @bool autojustify-on-at-start
The @int autojustify behavior is very useful for writing prose
(not code) when you want text wrapped at a particular column with
a real newline, not just visually wrapped at the window edge. To
be usable it needs a command to toggle activation, and a setting

to decide whether it's on by default, this commit adds those.

Leo build: 20170112092903

The setting @int autojustify itself has been around for a while,
I'd forgotten about it, I've been wanting this feature for years,
made a failed attempt to add it once, but just (re)discovered the
when I realized how it should be done, and found that it already
was :-)

More discussion here:
https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/14

Cheers -Terry

Edward K. Ream

Jan 12, 2017, 11:43:34 AM1/12/17
to leo-editor
On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 10:41 AM, 'Terry Brown' via leo-editor <leo-e...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Here's the commit message for 05df9ac

add @cmd justify-toggle-auto and @bool autojustify-on-at-start
The @int autojustify behavior is very useful for writing prose
(not code) when you want text wrapped at a particular column with
a real newline, not just visually wrapped at the window edge. To
be usable it needs a command to toggle activation, and a setting

to decide whether it's on by default, this commit adds those.

​Thanks for this work, Terry.

Edward