My advice: avoid Windows 10 until 2020

Edward K. Ream

Jul 30, 2015, 10:30:21 AM7/30/15
to leo-editor
I spent most of yesterday installing and playing with Windows 10.  The best aspect of 10 is that it is easy to roll back to Windows 7 :-)

Imo, Windows 7 is far superior in look and feel.  Perhaps there are security features behind the scenes, but the interface is a mess.  Bad looking windows, wimpy start menu, etc.

Yes, eventually I'll have to migrate to 10 when MS stops issuing security updates for 7, but that won't happen until January 14, 2020.  Until then, I'm sticking with 7.  Afaik, there is no need to move to 10 in order to support Leo.

All comments welcome.

Edward

Todd Mars

Aug 13, 2015, 10:08:24 AM8/13/15
to leo-editor
On Windows 8.1 you could get most of the Windows 7 interface with a little tweaking, and there are security and speed improvements.
I hope that Windows 10 has the same thing.
Todd.

Edward K. Ream

Aug 13, 2015, 12:01:20 PM8/13/15
to leo-editor
On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Todd Mars <tam...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Windows 8.1 you could get most of the Windows 7 interface with a little tweaking, and there are security and speed improvements.
I hope that Windows 10 has the same thing.

​Thanks for this comment.  I didn't like any of the ui interface changes in 10, so reverting to 7 was the obvious move.  What kind of security features does 10 have?

Edward