Neovim as an easier way to add in a different editor

瀏覽次數:41 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

tfer

未讀,
2018年2月22日 下午1:15:222018/2/22
收件者:leo-editor
Neovim 0.2+ adds a Qt based

tfer

未讀,
2018年2月22日 下午1:50:592018/2/22
收件者:leo-editor
 Neovim 0.2+ adds a Qt based editor in order to hit its promise of "works on Windows".  It should be possible to leverage this into an alternative editor pane, all that would be needed is to channel each node's body text into and out of Neovim, (the in-portion would also require you to set filetype to correspond to the "in-force" @language directive).

Why I say this should be easy is that Neovim uses Msgpack rpc to give you complete control of Neovim.  Three things are needed:
   1) provide a way to embed the Qt frontend as a new/alternative editor pane and connect to an running neovim instance.
   2) switch all the leo code that fills/updates the current editor pane into msgpack calls that fill or update the body text of the current node to/from the neovim pane.
   3) pass back to leo any calls that change the Outline pane, e.g. alt-downarrow.

Two and three could all be handled by a neovim plugin that is written in python!  See https://github.com/neovim/python-client

I know that Edward prefers emacs over vim, but just as their are vim emulating modes for emacs, there are emacs emulating modes for vim.

(sorry about the partial topic above)

Tom

Kent Tenney

未讀,
2018年2月22日 下午2:26:562018/2/22
收件者:leo-editor
+1
This would be fantastic

Terry Brown

未讀,
2018年2月22日 下午4:05:532018/2/22
收件者:leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:50:58 -0800 (PST)
"'tfer' via leo-editor" <leo-e...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Why I say this should be easy is that Neovim uses Msgpack rpc to give
> you complete control of Neovim. Three things are needed:
> 1) provide a way to embed the Qt frontend as a new/alternative
> editor pane and connect to an running neovim instance.
> 2) switch all the leo code that fills/updates the current editor
> pane into msgpack calls that fill or update the body text of the
> current node to/from the neovim pane.
> 3) pass back to leo any calls that change the Outline pane, e.g.
> alt-downarrow.

This is largely the flow the leo-edit-pane system aims to provide.
Hopefully that will be the path of least resistance.

Cheers -Terry
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄