bzr push error: Cannot lock LockDir...

TL

Jun 3, 2008, 11:31:59 AM6/3/08
to leo-editor
I'm trying to update the trunk with a fix to the mod_tempfname.py
plugin.
The following commands result in a "Cannot lock LockDir" error.
How can I avoid this?

bzr branch lp:leo-editor

bzr merge

< modified leo\plugins\mod_tempfname.py >

bzr commit leo/plugins/mod_tempfname.py

bzr push lp:leo-editor
bzr: ERROR: Cannot lock LockDir(http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eleo-
editor-team/l
eo-editor/trunk/.bzr/branch/lock): Transport operation not possible:
http does n
ot support mkdir()

Thanks,
TL

Edward K. Ream

Jun 3, 2008, 1:50:10 PM6/3/08
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:31 AM, TL <t...@tltools.net> wrote:

I'm trying to update the trunk with a fix to the mod_tempfname.py
plugin.
The following commands result in a "Cannot lock LockDir" error.
How can I avoid this?

I define the following two aliases in bazaar.conf:

unlock=break-lock bzr+ssh://edre...@bazaar.launchpad.net/~edreamleo/leo-editor/trunk/
unlock2=break-lock bzr+ssh://edre...@bazaar.launchpad.net/~leo-editor-team/leo-editor/trunk/

Probably either bzr unlock or bzr unlock2 will solve your problem.

Edward

Ville M. Vainio

Jun 3, 2008, 2:04:17 PM6/3/08
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:31 PM, TL <t...@tltools.net> wrote:

> bzr: ERROR: Cannot lock LockDir(http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eleo-
> editor-team/l
> eo-editor/trunk/.bzr/branch/lock): Transport operation not possible:
> http does n
> ot support mkdir()

You must use bzr+ssh protocol instead of http. That is, you have to
specify the proper push url in your push command. Too bad launchpad
was recently broken in a fashion that the branch page does not show
the exact push command anymore.

Also, you may wish to use "bzr break-lock" command to break the specified lock.

TL

Jun 3, 2008, 10:01:56 PM6/3/08
to leo-editor
Thanks Edward and Ville,