Support for org tags

Huilén Abed

Sep 21, 2017, 11:20:43 AM9/21/17
to leo-editor
I want to import my Emacs notes into Leo, but org tags are not being rightly interpreted. Did you consider to add support for this? Thanks!

Huilén Abed

Sep 21, 2017, 11:20:43 AM9/21/17
to leo-editor
I have a lot of notes in Emacs org mode. I would like to start using Leo, so I have imported them using org nodes. It worked great! But the problem is that it doesn't interpret org tags rightly (it just takes them as part of the headlines). Could you consider adding support for org tags in the future? Alternatively, is it possible for me to make a script in Leo to workaround this problem for now? Thanks a lot!

Edward K. Ream

Sep 21, 2017, 11:26:57 AM9/21/17
to leo-editor
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 6:47 PM, Huilén Abed <huile...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a lot of notes in Emacs org mode. I would like to start using Leo, so I have imported them using org nodes. It worked great!

​Welcome aboard.  We need people like you who use org mode often.
But the problem is that it doesn't interpret org tags rightly (it just takes them as part of the headlines). Could you consider adding support for org tags in the future?

​I would be happy to do so.  Support for Emacs, Vim and Jupyter always have high priority.
Alternatively, is it possible for me to make a script in Leo to workaround this problem for now? Thanks a lot!

​Please file an enhancement request here, being as specific as possible about what the problem is.

Thanks.

Edward

Terry Brown

Sep 21, 2017, 11:45:29 AM9/21/17
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com

> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 6:47 PM, Huilén Abed <huile...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > But the problem is that it doesn't interpret org tags rightly (it
> > just takes them as part of the headlines). Could you consider
> > adding support for org tags in the future?

(a) wonder if Jake's tag plugin would be relevant here

(b) unrelated, thinking about Leo cloud storage, and possibly using
JSON as transport, noticed that the tags plugin uses sets which
aren't JSON serializable. I did say unrelated ;-)

Cheers -Terry