An issue about the "Running Leo after pip install leo" in Leo Official documents

mingx...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2018, 7:28:56 AM4/5/18
to leo-editor

Hi,

There is an issue about the "Running Leo after pip install leo" in Leo Official documents.

My environment:

macOS  10.13.3
terminal: iTerm 2 version 3.1.5
Python  3.6.2

After i installed the Leo via pip, i tried to run Leo according to the "Running Leo after pip install leo" in Leo Official documents. But i cannot find the way to start up the  Leo editor.  --> http://leoeditor.com/running.html#running-leo-after-pip-install-leo

Then i found a way on github (http://leoeditor.com/running.html#running-leo-after-pip-install-leo), just input 'leo' in terminal ......
The Leo editor has started up successfully!

So, i I recommend that we can update the Leo Official documents about the "Running Leo after pip install leo". Maybe some beginners like me will meet the same issue. Although this is a very basic issue...

Thanks~

Life is pathetic, go Pythonic!

mxclover : mingx...@gmail.com

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Edward K. Ream

Apr 5, 2018, 10:07:37 AM4/5/18
to leo-editor
On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 5:56 AM, <mingx...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

There is an issue about the "Running Leo after pip install leo" in Leo Official documents.

​I prefer to think of this as a problem with Leo's pip distro, not the documentation.​

​Edward

Matt Wilkie

Apr 18, 2018, 4:29:29 PM4/18/18
to leo-editor

There is an issue about the "Running Leo after pip install leo" in Leo Official documents.

Sorry, I don't understand the nature of the issue. It seems like you did what the official document says and were successful:

Then i found a way on github (http://leoeditor.com/running.html#running-leo-after-pip-install-leo), just input 'leo' in terminal ......
The Leo editor has started up successfully!

(?)

Oh, is it that you didn't interpret 'console' and 'terminal' as being two words for the same thing?

Matt