Clone documentation re. @<file> directives

Largo84

Dec 6, 2016, 12:08:20 PM12/6/16
to leo-editor
I found out the hard way that clones don't survive as clones if they're used inside @auto-... In hindsight, it makes sense to me why that would be the case. However, there's no indication from the documentation (at least that I could find) that warns about not creating clones from nodes under these trees. Would there be any benefit in adding such a warning to the documentation on @<file> directives (where clones be safely used, and where not)?

Rob..........

Edward K. Ream

Dec 6, 2016, 1:03:04 PM12/6/16
to leo-editor
On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Largo84 <Lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
I found out the hard way that clones don't survive as clones if they're used inside @auto-... In hindsight, it makes sense to me why that would be the case. However, there's no indication from the documentation (at least that I could find) that warns about not creating clones from nodes under these trees. Would there be any benefit in adding such a warning to the documentation on @<file> directives (where clones be safely used, and where not)?

​Sure.  Care to do this?

EKR

Largo84

Dec 6, 2016, 1:19:55 PM12/6/16
to leo-editor
Sure, I would be glad to, but how?

Rob..........

Edward K. Ream

Dec 6, 2016, 2:42:39 PM12/6/16
to leo-editor
On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Largo84 <Lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure, I would be glad to, but how?

​Get checkout permission, if you don't have it, then alter LeoDocs.leo.  When you're finished, I'll run rst3 on the changed @rst outline and upload the relevant file to Leo's web site.​

​EKR

Largo84

Dec 6, 2016, 3:22:13 PM12/6/16
to leo-editor
OK, will look into how to do that. I'm sure I don't have checkout permission. With that, will I be able commit changes to the repo? Thanks!