Ipython not working after recent update

john lunzer

Mar 10, 2016, 7:07:33 AM3/10/16
to leo-editor
Getting this in my console log:
===== leoIpython.py: can not import connect_qtconsole
===== leoIpython.py: can not import IPKernelApp

My system config:
Leo 5.1.1-devel, build 20160309092740, Wed Mar  9 09:27:40 CST 2016
Git repo info: branch = master, commit = e81b4060a0d5
Python 2.7.11, PyQt version 4.8.6
Windows 7 AMD64 (build 6.1.7601) SP1

Previous Rev was 3cf3c17

Edward K. Ream

Mar 10, 2016, 10:22:59 AM3/10/16
to leo-editor

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 6:07 AM, john lunzer <lun...@gmail.com> wrote:
Getting this in my console log:
===== leoIpython.py: can not import connect_qtconsole
===== leoIpython.py: can not import IPKernelApp

​I removed old-style imports from leoIPython.py.  This was on purpose. Imo people should be using the latest IPython code base in order to get the latest Jupyter security features.

This might be a debatable decision, and it would be easy to support old-style IPython imports (the actual function names are unchanged).

Please update your IPython installation if possible.

Thanks.

Edward

Fidel N

May 16, 2016, 6:34:37 AM5/16/16
to leo-editor
Just faced the same problem, the following solved it for me:

pip install jupyter

I didnt know I needed to install jupyter in order to use ipython.

Plus, I used "iptest" as they suggest in ipython docs (https://ipython.org/ipython-doc/2/install/install.html) and it suggested me to install some more libraries.

After that, Leo ipython works properly :)

Edward K. Ream

May 16, 2016, 7:41:11 AM5/16/16
to leo-editor

​Many thanks for this report. It will be helpful to all who want to use ipython.

EKR