doing a "big" project in Lemur

fbrub...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2012, 3:49:49 PM10/16/12
to lemur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

First of all Lemur is great, thanks.

Second, so how do your coding in Lemur, in the sense that, for example we now need to call some Webservice before/after a job starts, and after a little bit it is just not scripting but a little bit of coding involved ... how do you do development , repl coding and testing ? any good tips ?

Best
Fede

Marc Limotte

Oct 16, 2012, 4:03:16 PM10/16/12
to lemur...@googlegroups.com
You can call a web service before/after a lemur job with add-hooks (see https://github.com/TheClimateCorporation/lemur/wiki/Jobdef-hooks).  We do this at The Climate Corporation in order to trigger a post to hipchat (IM) when a job is launched.

The jobdef files are Clojure code, so you have the full power of Clojure, not just limited scripting capabilities.  You can also tweak the classpath if your jobdef needs access to your own libs and namespaces (see LEMUR_EXTRA_CLASSPATH, described here: https://github.com/TheClimateCorporation/lemur/wiki/Running).

Marc