Power Pilot CSV file to TCX format converter available

瀏覽次數:350 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Thomas O'Dowd

未讀,
2013年10月11日 凌晨1:31:542013/10/11
收件者:LeMondRe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I got the Lemond Revolution recently and love it. I also have the Power Pilot. I wanted to be able to continue to upload my rides to Strava (even on the trainer) so I wrote a little conversion script that converts the CSV file (for firmware 63) to the Garmin TCX format. I've been using it for a while now and I find it useful so I've made it available to anyone else who is interested. You can find the script at: https://github.com/tpodowd/lemondcsv. I hope this helps others. It correctly converts, speed, cadence, heart rate, distance, power, time etc as available in the original Power Pilot data and displays correctly on Strava. If you have any problems, best place is probably to contact me under https://github.com/tpodowd/lemondcsv/issues and I can help you out.

Cheers,

Tom.

Dan Woodman

未讀,
2013年11月2日 下午3:16:392013/11/2
收件者:LeMondRe...@googlegroups.com
Unsolicited praise for Tom O'Dowd.  :-)

I've used Tom's conversion script for a few weeks now, and it is terrific.  I uncovered a couple of minor issues that Tom addressed straightaway, and was even able to suggest a couple of ideas that he's incorporating.  Tom, thanks for putting this together for the LeMond Revolution user community -- you've been terrific to work with, and I'd encourage everyone who uses Strava, Garmin Connect, et al, to give this a try.  Its a quick & easy way to get power files up to your favorite site.

Thanks much, Tom!

- d

adam.c...@googlemail.com

未讀,
2014年1月31日 上午11:56:222014/1/31
收件者:LeMondRe...@googlegroups.com
Tom

I too have a Lemond Power Pilot and would love to use your script to convert the files to a strava or garmin compatible format. However I'm not as computer literate as others it seems - I don't know how to use scripts in general - could you tell me what i need to do with this script to get an output? PS i use a Mac.

Many thanks

Adam

Thomas O'Dowd

未讀,
2014年2月2日 上午8:56:392014/2/2
收件者:LeMondRe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

It's not so hard once you know how. You've a good start on the mac already
as it already has python installed on it. Here's a couple of steps to
hopefully get you going.

1. Download the 1.1.1 zip file at the following page.
    https://github.com/tpodowd/lemondcsv/releases

2. Click on the Downloads folder on your desktop and you should find the
lemondcsv.1.1.1 zip file ready so go ahead and click on that to open it.

3. There will be 3 files in the directory. The README will tell you how to
use the tool. The lemondcsv.py file is the actual program/script that will
convert the files for you. Select the script and copy it to another folder
such as your Desktop.

4. You'll need the Terminal application next. The Terminal application lets
you type commands to start programs/scripts etc. You can find it under the
Utilities directory on the mac... A short cut to opening it would also be
to click on the spotlight(magnify glass) at the top menu bar on your
desktop and just type in 'Terminals' and you can then open it. A little
text window should appear.

5. At the Terminal input prompt, type "cd Desktop" and this should Change
your Directory into the Desktop directory where you copies the lemondcsv.py
file in step 3.

6. Next you can directly run the script by typing "./lemondcsv.py
YOURFILENAME.csv" and it should convert it for you.

It's kind of hard to give further instructions really as it all depends
where you store your files, what directory they are in etc. But play with
it and do some google searches perhaps or ask more questions and you'll get
there.

That said, recently I've stopped using the power pilot as I've started
using TrainerRoad with the Lemond. TrainerRoad can talk to the lemond and
my garmin sensors and I directly get a tcx file from that now, so I've also
kind of stopped using this script for my own conversions.

Anyway - the important thing here is quality saddle time :-) Go get some
and best of luck!

Tom.
回覆所有人
回覆作者