Help required with accessing online websites / databases

David H

Jul 31, 2015, 2:09:16 PM7/31/15
to Leeds Hack Space
Hello hackkers!

My name's Adeel. I was wondering if anyone here with some programming skills would be willing to help me. I'm blind and living in Dewsbury. I am working on building a social support network so I spend a lot of time out and about in Leeds meeting different people.

I am working on building a spreadsheet system based around this to quickly locate information such as travel directions, upcoming events and to see who's around etc.
I have a basic Excel spreadsheet that uses VBA and XML to get info from the Google Maps API to find address's of places I am visiting and to get v simple directions / distances when I'm planning a journey. I would like to be able to get detailed info for public transport such as departure and arrival time.
I also have basic code for the Google Places API but I would like to pull as much data out of there as possible.

I have just set up a group on meetup.com. The Meetup mobile app and desktop website are not fully accessible with the screenreading software I use on both which means it takes much longer to post an event using those tools. I would like to be able to post events from Excel straight to Meetup using VBA and XML. I know Meet up have their own API.

Any assistance would be aprreciated,

Thanks,
Adeel