Space Availability - Have you seen Meetup? Space API? IRC? LHSOpenBot?

Stanto

Sep 9, 2016, 9:39:25 AM9/9/16
to Leeds Hack Space
Hello,

It seems to me that there may be an audience here whom may not look at the website regularly, or twitter, or facebook, etc.

To help know when our open days are, we have a Meetup account where you can see most events going on at the hackspace and regular open dates/evenings. Do sign up, comment and let people know if you're going via RSVP:

There's also a twitter account, called Leeds Hackspace OpenBot. It is a guideline as to when the Hackspace is open by a member and for how long:

This should be an accompaniment to phoning the space to check if someone's in:

There is also the Marvin_P_Droid bot in the IRC freenode channel #leeds-hack-space where typing:

?status

Will give you information on whether or not someone is in the hackspace.

We also give information to the Space API and you can use the following Android app:

Which will let you know if the Hackspace is open and whom is in it, direct on your phone.

There have been some problems recently with internet access in the Hackspace, this has affected some infrastructure (laser cutter) and it will also affect the phone in the Hackspace. These problems aren't being ignored, and will ultimately be remedied when we move to NewSpace(tm) (the new leeds hackspace).

Hope this helps