Lates: Gaming at the National Science and Media Museum, Bradford - 9.11.2017

Nathan Buckley

Oct 5, 2017, 11:02:38 AM10/5/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Just a quick introduction: my name’s Nathan and I’m events developer for the Science Museum Group at the National Science and Media Museum, Bradford.

I am writing with regards to an exciting new programme we’re developing for adults on the Thursday 9th November 2017. Called Lates: Gaming, it forms the major launch for adults of the Yorkshire Games Festival also at the museum during that week, and will focus on the work of the games industry, virtual reality, simulation, computer modelling and the effect they can have on the world. The event will run from 6.30pm – 9.30pm and we expect between 700 and 1000 people.

As well as giving our young, ethnically diverse audience access to experts from the industry, the programme aims to make the science of gaming - and the professionals that study it - accessible to a range of different audiences.  As you have an obvious interest in this area, it would be great to hear from you and see whether you’d be interested in contributing to it.

We’re looking for people who could offer any/all of the following types of event:

•             Talks (15mins or 30mins)

•             Workshops (interactive, 10mins – 45mins)

•             Activities (any time length)

•             Shows (30mins)

•             Demonstrations around a table (any time length)

•             Stalls / Models / just be around for the event

•             Other spectacular offers you think might be appropriate

As you can see, you could be involved in the event in any number of ways, and of course you would also be welcome to bring marketing materials to distribute to our predominantly STEM student audience.

If you would like more information, please do get in touch, we’d love to hear from you. If you already have something ‘off the shelf’ that you might want to deliver, please do fill in our survey at the link below:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6WWJVSS

If I could ask you to get back in touch as soon as possible if you would like to be involved, even with just an expression of interest. With the event only just around the corner, we have limited spaces available.

Kind Regards,

NATHAN BUCKLEY  |  EXPLAINER & EVENTS SUPPORT DEVELOPER

T + 44 (0)1274 203378

E nathan....@scienceandmediamuseum.org.uk

National Science and Media Museum

Bradford | West Yorkshire | BD1 1NQ

Part of the Science Museum Group

Nathan Buckley

Oct 12, 2017, 8:33:21 AM10/12/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Just a quick e-mail – have you had chance to consider the opportunity in my previous e-mail? I personally saw some of your group’s work at Leeds Light Night and was very impressed. We’d be interested to talk about how you could contribute to our event.

All the best,