**If you are coming to Makerfaire**

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Apr 13, 2018, 1:38:46 PM4/13/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Please post here if you are coming to Makerfaire to help out.

I just want to know who's coming and what is happening - planning is difficult without.

Currently need two volunteers for the van to help load/unload (along with myself).  Please indicate if you are willing to help move very big and heavy display panels.

Thanks

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Apr 13, 2018, 1:43:43 PM4/13/18
to Leeds Hack Space
I forgot to mention that I am planning on driving the van to a nearby Travelodge for the nights so if others want to stay there then feel free to do so,  will reduce the amount of travel.

It is Washington A1(M) Northbound Travelodge.

samson B

Apr 13, 2018, 2:12:19 PM4/13/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
hi tom im comalong to help just figering out travel and accom at the mo and am willing to help move big things at one or both ends depending on my transport times :)

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 6:43 PM, Tom Oldbury (Email #2) <told...@gmail.com> wrote:
I forgot to mention that I am planning on driving the van to a nearby Travelodge for the nights so if others want to stay there then feel free to do so,  will reduce the amount of travel.

It is Washington A1(M) Northbound Travelodge.

Tim Pinder

Apr 13, 2018, 4:55:54 PM4/13/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Tom

What are your travel dates? I’m able to assist with donkey work. If you need anything technical beyond plugging cables perhaps someone else would be more suitable. :)
—
Tim

Ian Oliver

Apr 14, 2018, 2:05:12 AM4/14/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, Tom Oldbury (Email #2)
I would like to come along.

I'm happy to help load/unload and "man the floor" at the show. I'm also
happy to take my car and 3/4 people. I can also take whatever basic
electronic tools we might need for on-the-fly repairs.

Juts let me know when and where.

Ian

Ian Oliver

Apr 14, 2018, 2:06:12 AM4/14/18
On 13/04/18 18:43, Tom Oldbury (Email #2) wrote:
> I forgot to mention that I am planning on driving the van to a nearby
> Travelodge for the nights

Which nights do we need to book?

Ian

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Apr 14, 2018, 7:23:44 AM4/14/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Dates are 27th April to 29th April.  Stay from Friday to Sunday so two nights need to be booked.

Thanks Ian & Tim for your offers to help,  we will arrange something, I think Adam needs to come along too as the general electrician and he is sorting out some of the other stuff.

Just waiting on a Digikey order for one last part to build the displays.

J C

Apr 14, 2018, 8:14:03 AM4/14/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
My offer of helping load and unload in leeds is still open.

Tim Pinder

Apr 14, 2018, 8:14:28 AM4/14/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Let me get the Travelodge booked then :)

—
Tim

Tim Pinder

Apr 14, 2018, 8:16:49 AM4/14/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
wtf is a breakfast box?
—
Tim

Robin Wood

Apr 14, 2018, 8:18:52 AM4/14/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Expensive and not as good as taking your own breakfast

Tim Pinder

Apr 14, 2018, 8:19:46 AM4/14/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
As I thought. Or even skipping breakfast altogether :(
—
Tim

Tim Pinder

Apr 14, 2018, 8:35:26 AM4/14/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Booked
—
Tim

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Apr 15, 2018, 5:44:04 PM4/15/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Having expensed the odd breakfast box before, it's an utter disappointment.

Far better to go to a nearby Wetherspoons/etc in the city and pay them £4 for an actual breakfast-like collection of food.

Stephen Rowley

Apr 15, 2018, 5:56:57 PM4/15/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Anyone planning on going up just for the day saturday preferable?

Jon Stockill

Apr 16, 2018, 8:51:09 AM4/16/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I'm going, I'm staying in Jurys Inn just over the road from the Centre
For Life on the Friday and Saturday night.

My original plan was to get the train up there, but if a lift is
available then that potentially means I can help both load and unload
the van.

I'll be around until teardown on Sunday, so the same applies then - I
can help load the van and get a train, or if I can scrounge a lift then
hopefully I'd be back in Leeds in time to help unload.

Other than sneaking off to get some pics around Makerfaire I'm likely to
be at our stand for the entire weekend.

--
Jon Stockill
li...@stockill.net

Ian Oliver

Apr 16, 2018, 10:06:29 AM4/16/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, Jon Stockill
On 16/04/18 13:51, Jon Stockill wrote:
> My original plan was to get the train up there, but if a lift is
> available then that potentially means I can help both load and unload
> the van.
>
> I'll be around until teardown on Sunday, so the same applies then - I
> can help load the van and get a train, or if I can scrounge a lift
> then hopefully I'd be back in Leeds in time to help unload.

I've booked the Travelodge for Friday and Saturday and am planning to
take my car.

Ian

samson B

Apr 17, 2018, 7:15:58 AM4/17/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
cool i plan on going up friday would i be able to grab a lift ?

Ian Kernick

Apr 17, 2018, 9:44:52 AM4/17/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Hey,

I'd like to come to the Saturday and Sunday at least. I'm not certain that I can make the Friday, but I will find out soon.

If there's a lift back on the Sunday going, that would be ace too.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 3:06 PM, Ian Oliver <li...@foxhill.co.uk> wrote:
On 16/04/18 13:51, Jon Stockill wrote:
My original plan was to get the train up there, but if a lift is available then that potentially means I can help both load and unload the van.

I'll be around until teardown on Sunday, so the same applies then - I can help load the van and get a train, or if I can scrounge a lift then hopefully I'd be back in Leeds in time to help unload.

I've booked the Travelodge for Friday and Saturday and am planning to take my car.

Ian

Ian Oliver

Apr 17, 2018, 12:43:49 PM4/17/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, Ian Kernick
On 17/04/18 14:44, Ian Kernick wrote:
> I'd like to come to the Saturday and Sunday at least. I'm not certain
> that I can make the Friday, but I will find out soon.
>
> If there's a lift back on the Sunday going, that would be ace too.

I think we need a multi-way chat to sort logistics.

I just need to know when to be where and who I'm taking. :-)

Ian

Tim Pinder

Apr 17, 2018, 2:15:35 PM4/17/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
We do. Perhaps Danger Tom would like to facilitate.
:)
—
Tim

Ian Kernick

Apr 19, 2018, 10:43:19 AM4/19/18
to Leeds Hack Space
What time are people heading to the faire on the Saturday morning?

samson B

Apr 20, 2018, 8:49:11 AM4/20/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
farther then trying to orgenise a meeting and going round in cercels we should prob figer out on here whos able to give us a lift and at what time as if people need to book trains or caoeches prices will start going up ??

Tim Pinder

Apr 20, 2018, 9:29:56 AM4/20/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
We need to be around during the whole of the time Makerfaire is open to the public. Clearly we need to set up before that which I assume is part of the reason for travelling up on the Friday.

—
Tim

samson B

Apr 21, 2018, 9:38:22 AM4/21/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
As people ha e gone quite trying to see who has seats and who could do with a lift can anyone tell me what time on Friday I need to get to the lift center so I can arrange a Coach if need be ?

Ian Oliver

Apr 21, 2018, 10:11:09 AM4/21/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, samson B
On 21/04/18 14:38, samson B wrote:
> As people ha e gone quite trying to see who has seats and who could do
> with a lift can anyone tell me what time on Friday I need to get to
> the lift center so I can arrange a Coach if need be ?

I intend to drive up on the Friday and back on the Sunday. I will have
3/4 seats free. I'm happy to meet at Hackspace, help load van, and then
it's road trip mode.

I just need to know when to be where on Friday, Saturday AM, etc.

I guess we'll also need exhibition passes, etc.

Ian

Message has been deleted

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Apr 21, 2018, 5:01:37 PM4/21/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Current plan, somewhat flexible:-

Friday:
1pm - collect van.  whatever's cheapest.  will talk to Enterprise next door.
2pm - load the van with stuff
3pm - drive up to Newcastle, arrive 5-6pm
6-7pm - have van unloaded & stuff in place and brief test
after - pub...

Saturday:
9am - arrive and test stuff
10am - start

Sunday
5pm - pack up
6pm - drive back to Leeds

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Apr 21, 2018, 5:03:19 PM4/21/18
to Leeds Hack Space
The thought is me plus two in the van and Ian is driving up for the other guys.  Anyone who does not fit in either will need to arrange alternate means.  Center for Life is next door to the train station so that is possibly the easiest option.

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Apr 21, 2018, 5:38:36 PM4/21/18
to Leeds Hack Space
One other thing

We have six places in total for assistance so if you want to help then it will be first-come first-serve on these

This will mean manning the stall talking to interested people (about hackspaces, the project,  anything else of interest) but there will be time to walk around Makerfaire as well to browse the other exhibits.

Lunch and I believe breakfast is also provided/subsidised by Makerfaire.

So far I think the list is:
- Me
- Adam Horden (electrician)
- Ian Oliver
- Nav
- Tim Pinder
- Ian Kernick(?)
- Samson(?)

Since we only have six places (this was arranged months before and apparently can't be changed - but I will ask again if this is problematic),  the last few need to be worked out.  Anyone who is not acting as an exhibitor - in other words if you are not prepared to stand around for most of Saturday and Sunday - will need a ticket.

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Apr 21, 2018, 5:39:30 PM4/21/18
to Leeds Hack Space
For reference buy tickets HERE,  adults are £8

Tim Pinder

Apr 21, 2018, 5:48:16 PM4/21/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Very happy to talk about hackspace and the project.

:)

—
Tim

samson B

Apr 22, 2018, 6:08:20 AM4/22/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Ye im planing on going as a stall helper :) . I might be going up before hand to drop stuff of at reletives and be meeting u there ?

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Apr 22, 2018, 7:16:32 AM4/22/18
to Leeds Hack Space
It would be helpful if all planning to go could message me their mobile number on Slack or email it to my address (click my username in Google Groups or ask a hackspace director)  so we can stay in touch on Whatsapp/Telegram etc

Adam D. Horden

Apr 22, 2018, 11:31:28 AM4/22/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Good Afternoon,

I will be free from Wednesday afternoon (working in Leeds so will be at the space as soon as my shift is finished). I am going to be at the space Wednesday and Thursday to make the displays electrically safe.

I have a tool bag, some test kit that has to go in the van. This is to cover all eventualities with the conference electrical engineers. I am covering everything in case they want to prove they are safe then I need test gear on site with me.

I have the same hotel booked.

I will start a thread but any one that is coming to help will get a embroidered Leeds Hackspace T-Shirt. In your size. I need to get
T-Shirt sizes from everyone involved.

Hope this helps,

Adam D. Horden
Director Leeds Hackspace.

On Friday, 13 April 2018 18:38:46 UTC+1, Tom Oldbury (Email #2) wrote:
Please post here if you are coming to Makerfaire to help out.

I just want to know who's coming and what is happening - planning is difficult without.

Currently need two volunteers for the van to help load/unload (along with myself).  Please indicate if you are willing to help move very big and heavy display panels.

Thanks

t...@mkconsultants.eu

Apr 23, 2018, 3:31:55 AM4/23/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Plan may have to shift slightly because of Chinese Visa application (what a pain)

I plan to collect the van and have it at the hackspace by 2pm.

We will have stuff ready to load by then as it will be arranged at the night before.
--
***EMAIL DISCLAIMER***

This email and any attachment may be
confidential and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is
addressed.  If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately  if
you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete it from your system.
MK Consultants (UK) Ltd does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions (including non receipt) or viruses in the contents or e-mail
messages which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  Any views or
represent those of MK Consultants (UK) Ltd.

Ian Kernick

Apr 23, 2018, 10:49:09 AM4/23/18
to Leeds Hack Space
I can help as an exhibitor. A free ticket would be nice if possible, but considering I won't be able to arrive until Saturday morning, I don't mind the free ticket going to someone else.

samson B

Apr 24, 2018, 7:33:22 AM4/24/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
hi all due to where I'm staying I'm going to have to make my own way to Newcastle to get there early so I want be able to help pack the van but ill be able to meet u at the life centre to unload . iv emailed Ian and hopefully ill be able to get a lift back to Leeds on Sunday numbers permitting :)

Ian Oliver

Apr 26, 2018, 5:05:28 AM4/26/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Should we bring along anything else we've printed/made so that our table looks interesting?

I have some 3D printed bits, electronics bits, etc. that I can cram into a box.

Ian

Message has been deleted

t...@mkconsultants.eu

Apr 26, 2018, 5:08:57 AM4/26/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Yep, that would probably be a good idea.

There was talk of bringing the small cube as well, which seems sensible.

Tom

t...@mkconsultants.eu

Apr 26, 2018, 5:09:39 AM4/26/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Ian, could you send me your mobile number so we can stay in contact on the day?

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Apr 30, 2018, 2:51:33 AM4/30/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Thank you to everyone who helped with Makerfaire!

We made it a tremendous success this year,  and I'm sure we'll be back next year with something equally crazy.

J C

Apr 30, 2018, 3:58:18 AM4/30/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Well done on organising and making it happen and thanks for everyone who got involved/ went along. Its great to see the space so well represented.