Research project with the University of Leeds

Carlo Perrotta

Jun 16, 2015, 9:25:39 AM6/16/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

my name is Carlo and I am a research fellow at the University of Leeds. After the summer I will be coordinating a research project about digital making in schools funded by the Society for Educational Studies. The study will involve two or three schools from Leeds and surrounding areas. The idea is to give a handful of teachers access to the Hack Space  - the project will cover their membership fees for a couple of months. These teachers would bring some "hackable" objects from their schools, and obviously will come equipped with ideas and enthusiasm. Starting from September/October 2015 I would like to arrange a few hands-on discussions at the Hack Space with some of the more experienced members who might be willing to discuss design, hacking and education with these teachers.

For the time being, this is just a heads up to explore interest in the study among current members or other technologists/artists/hobbyists gravitating around the Hack Space who read this forum. I will follow this up over the next weeks. I will also come tomorrow (Tuesday 16 June) to the open evening to see the space and possibly talk to a few people.

Let me know if interested - either reply here or send me an email. Those willing to support the project will be invited to a workshop/seminar at the University of Leeds at a later date, which will involve schools as well as stakeholders from academia and industry.

Many thanks!

Carlo

J C

Jun 16, 2015, 10:02:07 AM6/16/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, c.per...@leeds.ac.uk

Hi Carlo,

Sounds interesting to me. Looking forward to discussion it more with you tonight at the open night.

Joe

Carlo Perrotta

Jun 16, 2015, 11:25:59 AM6/16/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, c.per...@leeds.ac.uk
Thanks for the reply Joe. I look forward to seeing you later tonight.

Carlo