Anyone around Saturday 1045?

J C

Nov 16, 2015, 1:22:30 PM11/16/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, Mathew Parkin
Hey guys we have a group from Eastside Projects wanting to visit this Saturday at 1045 for a look around. I'm away. Matt is away too. Is anyone around and willing to be in at that time to show them around/ answer some questions?

Thanks

Joe

Extra Special People (ESP) is Eastside Projects' Associates scheme, supporting the development of work, ideas, connections and careers through a programme of events, opportunities and projects. Members become active contributors to a practice-led peer support network and benefit from Eastside Projects' experience of the contemporary art world and regional, national and international contacts.

In Eastside Projects own words

"We are an internationally renowned centre of excellence based in a free public gallery imagined and organized by artists, in partnership with Birmingham City University. We commission, produce and present experimental art practices and demonstrate ways in which art may be useful as part of society. Our influential Extra Special People programme develops regional talent positioned in a hyper-local and super-international context. Eastside Projects provides vital infrastructure and supports best practice by establishing and exercising new models for artists and curators to research, produce and thrive.

We believe in working collaboratively towards change and do so to support the cultural growth of Birmingham. We do not make art for the public. We are the public that makes art. The artist run space is not a stop-gap. The artist run space is a public good."

The idea of the away days is for a cohort of members to visit Leeds, some spaces, projects and people in the hope to generate connections and partnerships for the future. I used to work at Eastside Projects and these were really great visits for me. The same with you it can leeds to collaborative opportunities, I know Birmingham has a Hackspace some of the members work with.

Andy51055

Nov 16, 2015, 3:55:18 PM11/16/15
to Leeds Hack Space, mathew...@gmail.com
They sound intriguing. I'll do my best to be there but I'm not sure how many questions I could answer about the space and its practices (and that's without the current problem of having lost my voice).