George's Drone Area.

George Scott

Feb 3, 2017, 3:05:48 AM2/3/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hey all.

Just to let you know;

I've sectioned off an area, out of the way in the hackspace, for few days, to crack on with my drone project, and try and make some long awaited progress.

I've marked it on the desk, and expect to be done by Sunday.

It's not expected to get in anyone's way, but if there are any issues, please reply to this mail, or call me on: 07795577549.

Attached is a photo to aid understanding its size and position:

Thanks,
George.

On 2 Feb 2017 17:19, "Matt Collins" <mrmatthe...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think instilling people with a sense of responsibility is key, everyone who comes to the space I make it clear there is no one who comes and tidies up or takes out rubbish, nothing happens at the Hackspace without the members doing it etx.

Along with that we need to provide them the means to do so! I think we should get 4-6 of these or something similar:

On 2 Feb 2017 5:11 p.m., "Stanto" <sta...@gmail.com> wrote:
I also suggested talking to people, and asking them to "take 5 minutes" to take out the/their rubbish / crap with them / throw their takeaway order away (which can be suggested when they make said order).

Tuesday was mostly cleaner than I'd seen for a while, though there was a half eaten pizza in the fridge that hadn't followed the 'add the date' advice stuck to the front, so I labelled the current date onto it.

If we're getting mice can we invent a 'honey pot' mice-run that they can get trapped in and entertain the space? What do you mean that's ridiculous and unsanitary? Aww.

On Thursday, 2 February 2017 16:45:51 UTC, Japoteg wrote:
Well had talked to others (Stanto? Alex?) About gamification of tasks. If/when rfid cards linked to paying for things like laser time or inductions on machines you could earn tokens for tasks ( taking out bins, doing a blog post, running a workshop) which could be redeemed for inductions or machine time. For example. May envolve creating an economy. And lots of work to setup and maintain.

On 2 Feb 2017 4:33 pm, "Andy51055" <you...@51055.com> wrote:
Free snack of your choice for every full bin taken to the outside bin?

(Backdate it and bang! goes my diet ;-) )

20170203_064214.jpg

Aidan Dunbar

Feb 3, 2017, 3:07:31 AM2/3/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Please get some pictures to stick on the blog. ;)

George Scott

Feb 3, 2017, 3:10:07 AM2/3/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Plenty - phones full of them! :)

George Scott

Feb 4, 2017, 5:31:23 PM2/4/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hey all! :0)

As many as you will have seen, I've been working away on the drone project, NOT quietly in the corner of the Hackspace, over the last few days.

I'm at the; "no so exciting slog" stage at the moment, but it's starting to come together, and will be well worth the effort!

I have a question and a desire:

- my question is:
What are people's thoughts regarding extending the duration of the George's Drone Area for 1 week (ending: 12/02/17).

- my desire is:
To not get in the way of other members or impeed HS development, as well as, not having to put away (and somewhat stall) this project, when doing so adds no value to anyone else.

Notably; should the situation arise that I had to stop working on the Drone, I would pack it up as a matter of course; but equally, if activities are being maintained, and a further duration is needed to continue; I would like to set expectations now, that this may not be the last request from me of this sort. That said, at a future date, if the current situation enjoyed must cease, then of course I'll tidy up as usual.

Please can people let know their thoughts, concerns, suggesting, objections, request, etc, by 6pm tomorrow Sun 05/02/17.

Thanks all for your support.

George,
07795577549

Tim Pinder

Feb 4, 2017, 5:35:31 PM2/4/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi George

You should consider that the space will be open to the public on Tuesday evening and next Saturday. Take the necessary precautions.
Your work doesn’t significantly impede the electrics installation and so I have no concerns about your desired extension.

Tim

George Scott

Feb 4, 2017, 5:38:34 PM2/4/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tim - and yes, caution noted - along with all the typos in my last message!

Stanto

Feb 4, 2017, 8:24:55 PM2/4/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I've got no problem with this.

Matt Collins

Feb 4, 2017, 8:29:02 PM2/4/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
+1 ok

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Feb 5, 2017, 7:32:21 AM2/5/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Am looking forward to the drone working. No objection myself.

Scott Kellie

Mar 21, 2017, 1:32:53 PM3/21/17
to Leeds Hack Space
How is the Drone coming on George? been out of the loop for a bit.

George Scott

Mar 21, 2017, 1:41:54 PM3/21/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hey Scott - I packed up the GDZ before I went off to LA (where I'd had a DJI Mavic shipped to ahead of my arrival). I'll finish the drone I started, but the mavic (with computer vision and even more compact form factor), will be getting used from now on.
I'm heading down to the hackspace this evening with the mavic for those interested in geeking out hands on (@fligg) :0).