Turning a glow plug model engin into a lithion battery charger

onlyha...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2017, 9:18:32 AM1/19/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I'd like to turn a glow plug model engin into a lithion battery charger and wondered if anyone at the space had dabbled with this? Also any suggestions on how powerful a generator could be made. Lighter / smaller the better is played off against output.

Anyone interested in mucking about with this with me?

Aidan Dunbar

Jan 19, 2017, 9:26:50 AM1/19/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
This sounds like a cool project. Got any photos of the engine?

On 19 January 2017 at 14:18, <onlyha...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd like to turn a glow plug model engin into a lithion battery charger and wondered if anyone at the space had dabbled with this? Also any suggestions on how powerful a generator could be made. Lighter / smaller the better is played off against output.

Anyone interested in mucking about with this with me?

Tom Oldbury (Email #1)

Jan 19, 2017, 10:57:15 AM1/19/17
to Leeds Hack Space, onlyha...@gmail.com
How will you convert the rotational energy from the engine into electrical energy?

Of course if you want a more integrated solution, such as one where you start the engine and it charges whatever is attached, you will need some kind of extra hardware, like a battery charging PCB.