"Last Chance" pile

Tom Oldbury (Email #1)

Oct 11, 2016, 8:52:17 PM10/11/16
to Leeds Hack Space
I have been through some of the main racking in the old hackspace and packed away useful things into boxes and piles.

During packing I have found some items that either belong to members, or which have been donated, that neither myself nor Stanto can see a use for.  It is suggested then that these items be disposed of.

The pile is where the old electronics benches are. Please go through this pile if you have left anything in the hackspace and have not used it. If you can see a justifiable use for it (i.e. not that it "could be useful", but that we would actually have reasonable and frequent use of it), please do take it and put it in a moving pile. If it is yours and you do not want it thrown away, please take it away yourself. If you cannot make it down to the space please let someone else know so they can keep items for you.

Items include, but are not limited to:-
 - A bag full of disassembled PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360 controllers.
 - A box full of camera lenses
 - A box full of old PCBs, looked like a camera and an old floppy drive in it, unsure
 - A guitar
 - A musical keyboard
 - A telescope
 - An old graphics tablet (we already have one)
 - An Argos fryer (in the main pile, but I can't see a use for it)
 - A flying pig model
 - A box of CD-RW disks

20161012_011053.jpg
20161012_011055.jpg

Stanto

Oct 12, 2016, 5:13:02 AM10/12/16
to Leeds Hack Space
>  - An Argos fryer (in the main pile, but I can't see a use for it)

Turns out this is for making machinable wax. It would probably be a good idea that this is labelled as such else this scenario could happen again, this item needs to be kept.

>  - A guitar

I have a suspicion this is Nav's and shouldn't be readily disposed of.

samson B

Oct 12, 2016, 5:54:38 AM10/12/16
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
do we no if the camrera lenes are anyones as if there being chucked i might have use for one ? ill pop in tomoz if so

Anzir Boodoo

Oct 12, 2016, 7:03:21 AM10/12/16
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Samson,

> On 12 Oct 2016, at 10:54, samson B <samm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> do we no if the camrera lenes are anyones as if there being chucked i might have use for one ? ill pop in tomoz if so

I brought them in, a friend was getting rid of them and there was someone (I can’t remember who) who was interested in doing things with old lenses.

Definitely take anything you’re interested in, might take the rest to a dealer rather than just chuck them, might get a small amount of cash for them
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to leeds-hack-spa...@googlegroups.com.

Tom Oldbury (Email #1)

Oct 12, 2016, 8:10:32 AM10/12/16
to Leeds Hack Space
If anything is left behind and we don't need it members are welcome to take it of course, better to find some use than to scrap it.

The hackspace might be able to sell some more valuable items, but I haven't seen much that would be worth selling so far.

samson B

Oct 12, 2016, 9:09:59 AM10/12/16
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
cool ill pop in tomoz see if i can make use of any of them :)

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Tom Oldbury (Email #1) <tho...@tgohome.com> wrote:
If anything is left behind and we don't need it members are welcome to take it of course, better to find some use than to scrap it.

The hackspace might be able to sell some more valuable items, but I haven't seen much that would be worth selling so far.

Jon Stockill

Oct 12, 2016, 12:38:22 PM10/12/16
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, Stanto
On 12.10.2016 10:13, Stanto wrote:
>> - An Argos fryer (in the main pile, but I can't see a use for it)
>
> Turns out this is for making machinable wax. It would probably be a
> good idea that this is labelled as such else this scenario could
> happen again, this item needs to be kept.
>
>> - A guitar
>
> I have a suspicion this is Nav's and shouldn't be readily disposed of.

Nope, not mine, dunno who it belongs to.

It does seem though that a bunch of stuff that WASN'T in the hack pile
is now in the disposal pile. Who decided that was a good idea?

The graphics tablets in particular were put on one side while we were
sorting through stuff the other week.

--
Jon Stockill
li...@stockill.net

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Oct 13, 2016, 9:24:02 AM10/13/16
to Leeds Hack Space
I wasn't aware of what we'd be doing with them. If it's decided that we are keeping them they need to be boxed up for the move.

I've been clearing off the Dexion and seeing if members stuff has been left on there. We are only getting the van this weekend so we need to have everything delicate boxed by then.

There's some equipment that I found on the Dexion like a video splitter and a few tuners/CD players/amps. Aside from one of the amps I can't see much use for these so I've put them in the pile. If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me and I'll move them out.

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Oct 13, 2016, 9:37:54 AM10/13/16
to Leeds Hack Space

Anzir Boodoo

Oct 14, 2016, 7:31:04 PM10/14/16
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Tom (et al.)
> On 13 Oct 2016, at 14:37, Tom Oldbury (Email #2) <told...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I wasn't aware of what we'd be doing with them. If it's decided that we are keeping them they need to be boxed up for the move.
>
> I've been clearing off the Dexion and seeing if members stuff has been left on there. We are only getting the van this weekend so we need to have everything delicate boxed by then.

I have just this evening found someone who is interested in the box of lenses! It’s only been 2 years or so...

Anzir Boodoo MRes MILT | Urbanist, Samuel L. Foxton
http://samuellfoxton.wordpress.com
Twitter: @samuellfoxton Facebook, Pinterest & YouTube: Samuel L. Foxton