Outreach sponsorship - Pint of Science

James Bailey

Oct 2, 2015, 4:46:14 AM10/2/15
to James Bailey

Dear Sir or Madam,

                I am writing to determine your interest in sponsoring a scientific outreach event called ‘pint of science’.

What is pint of science?

Pint of science is a festival that aims to deliver interesting, fun, relevant talks on the latest science research in an accessible format to the public…all in the pub! This provides a platform which allows people to discuss research with the people/volunteers who carry it out.  These events are aimed at those who have an interest in knowing what’s going on in science research, but who do not have a background in it.  The main festival takes place annually over three days in pubs across the world.  Yet, this is the first time a Pint of science will be held in Leeds.

When is it and what’s happening?

The event will be held between 23rd-25th May in 3 different pubs across Leeds, where 3 different talks will occur.  These talks are; ‘Beautiful Minds’, ‘Atoms to Galaxies’ and ‘Planet Earth’.  Volunteers/experts will be giving their time to provide talks and demonstrations for each topic.

Why do we need sponsorship?

                Hiring fees for the venues and equipment may be required.  Also, this is the first time pint of science will be held in Leeds, so advertising and awareness is definitely needed.  It would also be useful if ‘Pint of science’ T-shirts could be provided for the volunteers of the event, as well as merchandise such as beer mats etc.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  I look forward to hearing whether you would like to be involved in the Pint of science festival.

Regards,

James Bailey