Return of the silver ring making workshop

J C

Apr 5, 2018, 2:18:43 PM4/5/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

Following the success of the workshop earlier in the year Karolina is returning to run another introductory workshop on ring-making techniques where you will come out with your own silver ring at the end and the skills to make more. Once again there are 6 places at the discounted price of £50 per person – its usually around £80. And the first silver ring will be included in the £50.

She usually teaches at the bowery and examples of her works can be seen at https://www.facebook.com/KarolinkaJewellery/

The workshop will run on the 21st of April. To reserve your place please send £50 to the hackspace account with you name and the word "ring" in it then email me to let me know you have paid.

The day will run from 10:30 til 5pm. The morning will cover texturing/annealing/cutting discs/ doming metal using various techniques.

In the afternoon everyone makes a ring of the same cut of silver. Learn to measure up a ring to fit
your finger. Texture/ saw/ file/ solder/ polish and finish off the ring to desired effect.

There will be the possibility to purchase different widths and shapes of silver to create another
ring and consolidate the techniques learnt on the day and we now have a little stock of our own to play with.

Those who went on the course last time really enjoyed it and are looking forward to her doing an advance course for us in the future.

Joe

Japoteg

Apr 6, 2018, 3:13:24 AM4/6/18
to Leeds Hack Space
There are now 4 places left on this workshop.