Are these useful?

Tim Pinder

Mar 29, 2018, 5:26:03 PM3/29/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I have two discs from disc brakes that might be useful for something.

I’m trying to think of a way they could be used to add randomisation the pinball...
—
Tim

Daniel F

Mar 29, 2018, 5:49:30 PM3/29/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Spinners have a rich history in pinball, though that's usually done with a flat disc

timpin .

Mar 29, 2018, 6:01:26 PM3/29/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking maybe some kind of rotating magnet below the table. Might not need to be powered - just the interaction between the ball and magnet could move it to another position

Andy51055

Mar 29, 2018, 6:13:38 PM3/29/18
to Leeds Hack Space
I love the idea, but I suspect that pinball purists would be horrified at the idea of spinning neodymiums.

Daniel Fligg

Mar 30, 2018, 1:13:34 PM3/30/18
to Leeds Hackspace
pinball purists are going to be horrified by most things.
Admittedly electro-magnets offer more control, but we could have a ramp leading to a big spinny thing with magnets on it ;)

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 11:13 PM, Andy51055 <you...@51055.com> wrote:
I love the idea, but I suspect that pinball purists would be horrified at the idea of spinning neodymiums.

Daniel Fligg
Leeds Hackspace Director

Tim Pinder

Mar 30, 2018, 1:15:28 PM3/30/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
lol
I’ll drop them in over the weekend then. If they turn out to be no good at least they are recyclable :)

—
Tim

Elliot Norbury

Ian Oliver

Mar 30, 2018, 1:29:03 PM3/30/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, Andy51055
On 29/03/18 23:13, Andy51055 wrote:
> I love the idea, but I suspect that pinball purists would be horrified
> at the idea of spinning neodymiums.

Design in a whirlpool or black hole to give it context.

Ian

Stephen Rowley